Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stefan 117 posts 215 karma points
    Jul 21, 2009 @ 17:37
    Stefan

Can't login to admin after install

Hi.

I have succesfully installed Umbraco with VistaDB and Runway on my server, but when I try to login to the admin part, I get some weird errors:

You can also see it live here:

http://web13261.ta65.talkactive.net/umbraco/

Server Error in '/' Application.

Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(System.Web.UI.Page, System.Type, System.String, System.String, Boolean)'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(System.Web.UI.Page, System.Type, System.String, System.String, Boolean)'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the
    current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of
    the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(System.Web.UI.Page, System.Type, System.String, System.String, Boolean)'.]
    umbraco.cms.presentation._umbraco.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
    umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +15
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Jul 21, 2009 @ 17:51
    Warren Buckley

Hiya going directly to the umbraco login URL i do not get any errors
    http://web13261.ta65.talkactive.net/umbraco/umbraco.aspx

Do you get the error when you login?

Warren

• Simon Dingley 1474 posts 3431 karma points c-trib
    Jul 21, 2009 @ 17:51
    Simon Dingley

What version of the .net Framework are you using?

Jul 21, 2009 @ 18:35
    Stefan

Thanks for your replies!

I have just found out when I tried on another computer that the error comes pressing the login-button. I can see the popup, but I can't login.

I don't understand why I can install the website (and gain access to it) when I can't login to the admin...

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

Jul 21, 2009 @ 19:43
    Stefan

The server should be running "Full trust", but Ajax is not preinstalled, so I have been forced to put AjaxControlToolkit.dll, AJAXExtensionsToolbox.dll, System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll and System.Web.Extensions.dll in the /bin directory to get the install-part working.

Any Ideas why I can't login?

• ben_a 65 posts 123 karma points
    Jul 21, 2009 @ 19:51
    ben_a

Which web config file are you using? There can be an issue with the password hashing setting.

Jul 21, 2009 @ 21:22
    Stefan

Ben:

I think you are on the right track. I've just taken the web.config file from my test site (hosted locally) and put it on my new host. At once I saw some other errors and then I tried to change different things within the <Membership> tags.

I have succesfully managed to login, BUT when logged in, I have nothing but empty trees (no nodes in content, media, settings, developer and so on).

What am I missing? Maybe something in this code:

<!-- Membership Provider -->
        <membership defaultProvider="UmbracoMembershipProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="15">
          <providers>
            <clear />
            <add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.members.UmbracoMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="Another Type" passwordFormat="Hashed" />
            <add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="umbraco.providers.UsersMembershipProvider" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" passwordFormat="Hashed" />
          </providers>
        </membership>

• Simon Dingley 1474 posts 3431 karma points c-trib
    Jul 21, 2009 @ 22:41
    Simon Dingley

No nodes usually means a permissions issue somewhere, I have been caught by this on a number of occassions before.

Jul 21, 2009 @ 23:52
    Stefan

Do you have any clues on where the problem could be with the permissions? When installing Umbraco told me that "Permissions are perfect!", so I don't understand what could be wrong. I'm fairly new to Umbraco, so if anyone could help it would be appreciated ;-)

• Chris Houston 535 posts 980 karma points MVP admin c-trib
    Jul 22, 2009 @ 00:56
    Chris Houston

Hi Stefan,

You could try running the umbPermissions script that I blogged about a while ago that will reset all your directory permissions:

Umbraco Directory Permissions

I hope that helps!

Cheers,

Chris

Jul 22, 2009 @ 06:09
    Stefan

Hi.

Thanks for your answer. I have looked at it, but not tried it yet.

Also, did I mention that the site not is running locally? Its on a host with ftp access only - so I don't think it will be possible to execute such script.

Else I could try to do it manually...

- or pass it on to my hosting provider :-)

• Chris Larson 48 posts 63 karma points
    Aug 06, 2009 @ 18:15
    Chris Larson

This could be caused by the AjaxControlToolkit DLL file in your umbraco installation. If the AjaxControlToolkit.dll in the "/bin" directory of your Umbraco installation is versioned as 3.x, then the nodes will not appear in the administrative section of the site. Umbraco makes a number of references to AjaxControlToolkit 1.x (compatible with the .NET2.0 framework). The conflict between the v3.x (targets the .NET 3.5 framework) and v1.x will cause the nodes of the installation to no longer display.

This issue is posted on CodePlex. http://umbraco.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=24231

There IS a workaround for this issue, but requires two seperate (and identical) installations of umbraco targeting the same database. Installation #1 would be used for rendering the front end of the website and could make use of the AjaxControlToolkit v3.x without ill effect on the front end of the site. A second installation would maintain the reference to the AjaxControlToolkit v1.x provided with the base umbraco installation. Accessing the admin site would then work properly. On a shared hosting environment, if you can create a subdomain like "admin.yoursite.com" and have that redirect to the second (admin) umbraco installation. I will work on a document that explains this in both a dedicated and shared environment in the coming days as this is a major issue for myself as well.

• Chris Larson 48 posts 63 karma points
    Aug 06, 2009 @ 20:46
    Chris Larson

Clarification - the two seperate install is not a good workaround. However, refactoring the v3.x AjaxControlToolkit allows both the v1 and v3 toolkits to work side by side. A binary version of this refactored control is available below, and source code will be available later today.

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/ajaxcontroltoolkit-v3x-for-umbraco

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft