Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• brinck10 24 posts 55 karma points
    Apr 19, 2012 @ 20:55
    brinck10

Umbraco 4.0.2 in Visual Studio through Windows Small Business Server

Hi there peeps.

I'm new to umbraco and have recently downloaded visual studio with the objective of setting it all up and getting it all to work. However, fact remains that I'm not suceeding and I've not been able to find any post related to this topic on the internet.

The scenario is simple:

------------------------------

I connect to a Windows Small Business Server through a gateway as: remote.mysite.com.

In that connection I log on to another server where I finally find the root directory of the umbraco installation.

------------------------------

How would I synchronize Visual Studio with that Umbraco folder, so I don't have to transfer files all the time?

Any help would be appreciated much!

Best regards,

Brinck10

• Mark Bennett 199 posts 375 karma points
    Apr 22, 2012 @ 13:51
    Mark Bennett

Brinck10,

You connect to small business server using remote desktop connection? You then log onto another server via what?

Is any of this using vpn?

Mark.

Apr 22, 2012 @ 14:12
    brinck10

Hi Mark.

Yes, I connect using a remote desktop connection, then I log on to the other server using Windows SBS Console.

I think it is a virtual private network, but I'm not completely sure.

Frederik.

Apr 22, 2012 @ 14:21
    Mark Bennett

Frederik,

If you are on a VPN then you could map a drive as you would if you were on the network. You could then see the files as if they were on your local machine.

Other than that you could install visual studio on the machine you are eventually connecting to and run everything local to that machine?

Mark.

Apr 22, 2012 @ 14:34
    brinck10

Woul you please be able to provide me with information on how to set up a VNP on a Windows Server 2008? And how to map drives.

Thanks in advance!

Apr 22, 2012 @ 14:45
    Mark Bennett

Frederick,

Google is your friend buddy ;)

Lots of ways to set up VPN's and will depend on the OS and hardware that is deployed between you and the servers you are trying to link into VS. It will also be dependent on who has control of the hardware / servers etc.

Mapping a drive

Mark.

Apr 22, 2012 @ 19:21
    brinck10

I'm aware of that, however, maybe you had a favorite tutorial. Anyway, thanks. It didn't solve my problem, since I don't possess the skills to set up a SSTP through VPN, but I'll make other people handle it.

Apr 23, 2012 @ 00:16
    Mark Bennett

Frederick,

I'm not to hot on setting up VPN's myself i'd have to do a bit of mooching to work out how. As you rightly say i'd have also probably got someone else to handle it.

Mark.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft