Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Apr 28, 2012 @ 16:28
    Anthony Candaele

css doesn't get loaded after upgrade to 4.7.1.1

Hi,

I try to upgrade an Umbraco website from version 4.7.1 to version 4.7.1.1 . However, after the upgrade, my layout is all scramble, presumably because the the css is not loaded (see screenshot 'before upgrade' and 'after upgrade':

Layout before the upgrade

layout after the upgrade:

I'm using the Client Depency Framework, as implemented in the uBootStrap package

I checked the ClientDepency.config file and changed the version number, but this does not solve the issue.

Has anyone experience the same, and, how did you solve it?

Thanks for the help,

Anthony

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 29, 2012 @ 00:03
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anthony

This is a long shot - but do you have a <staticContent> element in your web.config file? If so try to comment it out and see if that changes anything. If it does the issue probably appears due to a mime-type not being removed in the section before adding it. That can cause some troubles in my experience.

And are you also sure that the referenced CSS file name is in fact correct? (I'm thinking if the CSS file is being minifed etc. in your build-process the referenced filename may be wrong for some reason).

Looking forward to hear from you.

/Jan

Apr 29, 2012 @ 09:49
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your help, I think I found the problem, it is my version of the uBootstrap package that is not compatible with Umbraco v4.7.1.1 :

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/ubootstrap/help-using-ubootstrap/27771-Solution-for-using-ClientDependency-14

I'll implement the latest CdLoader.cshtml script and see if that solves the issue.

have a nice weekend,

Anthony

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 29, 2012 @ 12:36
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anthony

Happy to hear that. Please remember to share the final solution with the rest of us once you've figured out exactly what was wrong )

/Jan

Apr 29, 2012 @ 16:40
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Jan,

Happy to say that I solved the issue, I explain the steps I took in the thread where the issue with Umbraco v4.7.1.1 and the uBootstrap package is reporterd here:

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/ubootstrap/help-using-ubootstrap/27771-Solution-for-using-ClientDependency-14?p=0#comment115783

greetings,

Anthony

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft