Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Krish 3 posts 23 karma points
    Apr 30, 2012 @ 17:10
    Krish

Migrating Umbraco 5.0.1 from local visual web developer IIS express to live

Hi all,

I have succesfully implemented a simple demo website using Umbraco 5.0.1 and SQL CE as my database.

So I basically have everything working on my local VWD 2010 Express(Visual Web Developer).I even learnt to make the navigations for an umbraco website and everything is working fine on my machine(and even the publish I made using VWD is also working on my colleagues machine).But the moment I got it hosted on IIS 7 web server(WINDOWS 2008) and I type Umbraco after my site address inorder to access my backoffice(which i could perfectly access in local IIS express in VWD),I have been redirected to Install from the beginning from step 1.So I started with step 1 again(though I shouldnt) but when I proceed to step 2 and click install database I was redirected to step 1 again,I dont know how to fix this issue.I have been stuck with this for 2 days,thought I could solve on my own but no luck.

I have installed Umbraco by some steps.I have first selected a new project and chose MVC3 template.Then I right clicked on my project and chose Manage Nuget package option and installed Umbraco 5.0.1 from Nuget.This is how I installed Umbraco.I cannot currenty start from the scratch again as  I need to show the client the demo I made.

Help needed

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft