Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas Sandvær 17 posts 37 karma points
    May 03, 2012 @ 13:35
    Thomas Sandvær

Moving umbraco 5.1 site causes unhandled exception in w3wp.exe

Hi I have been setting up our company site while running it on iss7/win7 pointing to c://projects/nameOfSite...

Yesterday I decided ot move it to another location and check it into our subversion server, making a new virtual directory and point it to the new location... 

The appPoolIdentity is set to "NetworkService" and folder security configured accordingly.

When i navigate to the site on the new location, the w3wp.exe process crashes and i get a site can not be found message in my browser.

As far as i can tell no location specific data is being stored in the database or in the config files, and i can start a new umbraco installation from another folder on the same drive/subfolder/subfolder location.

Hope anybody can help with this since, its essential to have the ability to move our site onto the production server, without running into the same problem.

Best regards

Thomas Sandvær

• Thomas Sandvær 17 posts 37 karma points
    May 10, 2012 @ 00:33
    Thomas Sandvær

To answer my own post :-) 

The problem i ran into was because my files were checked into our subversion folder, currently running SVN v. 1.6

In SVN 1.6 all folders and subfolder contain a hidden folder (_svn), so when umbraco look through your folders to display what templates and so forth you have in the project, its gonna time out... 

After much struggle to find a viable solution, I decided to upgrade to SVN 1.7 which does not use this hidden subfolders, but a single repository folder in the root folder.

The upgrade from the 1.6 - 1.7 Client was fast and painless, and is still fully compatible with the 1.6 server.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft