Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kyle Skrinak 272 posts 327 karma points
    Jul 24, 2009 @ 23:21
    Kyle Skrinak

URL rewriting not working?

umbraco 4.0.0 (live/local)

asp.net 2.0.50727 (on live machine; 3.5 on local server -- using "Classic .NET AppPool" which is set to 2.0)

Live server OS: 2003; IIS: 6.0 / local: Vista / IIS7

I've tried appending ?umbDebugShowTrace=true to an URL but I don't get output?

Help -- I've moved a live site to a local machine so I may test upgrades before deploying to my live site. Using Doug Robar's excellent docs on creating an umbraco installation onto Vista and that process went well. I installed runway without a hitch. However, when I copied my live files to my default web site (overwriting everything) and likewise for the database *.bak; and update my web.config + yafnet.config files; I can access the site fine but with a rub. If I simply go to http://localhost/ I'm not getting the redirection I should be seeing as I do at the live site. (A javascript will either direct the user, depending on the presence of a cookie, to a splash page or to the relevant language page.) However, if I type in a correct page url, the page loads correctly.

I'm at a loss to troubleshoot this and I'll appreciate any help -- thanks!

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Jul 25, 2009 @ 13:27
    Thomas Höhler

To get umbDebugShowTrace=true working you also have to active it in the web.config:

<add key="umbracoDebugMode" value="true" />

Thomas

• anthony hall 222 posts 536 karma points
    Jul 25, 2009 @ 13:45
    anthony hall

obvious question, have you republished your whole site. 

Jul 25, 2009 @ 20:50
    Kyle Skrinak

@anthony -- never a problem asking the obvious, but yes, that's always my first reflex in troubleshooting.

@Thomas -- WO-HOO! Yea baby, that's the ticket! I ran the debug output through vim -d as comparison and discovered the default doc for my IIS7 server was wrongly set, and thusly was going to index.aspx (which doesn't have the js file in the header) and not Default.aspx (which, duh, does). Me like debug output.

Now then, on another front, I also discovered significantly different output as well as apparently a different set of umbraco actions between serving an index.apsx file and Default.aspx file. But that's for another time.

Much, much bipolar THANKS!

Jul 25, 2009 @ 20:52
    Kyle Skrinak

hey -- I want my money back!

I thought I clicked "thumbs up" for anthony hall, but clicked wrongly and now he's getting dinged -- please fix!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft