Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aaron Devaney 14 posts 44 karma points
    May 10, 2012 @ 16:15
    Aaron Devaney

moving site to server in 5.1 gives backoffice error

After moving a site in 5.1 onto a server, the site loads and I'm able to login to the backoffice, but the backoffice displays a  "Server error" lightbox as soon as I login with the stack trace below.

I originally had problems with duplicate routes which was caused by dlls being in the plugin folder and the bin folder. After removing the duplicates from the plugin folder the sites loads but with the backoffice error. 

Any help would be appreciated.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Cms.Web.Configuration.UmbracoSettings.<get_Trees>b__f(ITree x) +40
       Umbraco.Framework.DeferredEqualityComparer`1.GetHashCode(T obj) +12
       System.Linq.Set`1.InternalGetHashCode(TElement value) +49
       System.Linq.Set`1.Find(TElement value, Boolean add) +23
       System.Linq.<DistinctIterator>d__81`1.MoveNext() +259
       System.Linq.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext() +154
       System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source) +217
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray(IEnumerable`1 source) +78
       Umbraco.Cms.Web.Trees.ApplicationTreeController.Index(String appAlias) +404
       lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +110
       System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +17
       System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +208
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +27
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() +55
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +263
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() +19
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +263
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +191
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +343
       Umbraco.Cms.Web.Mvc.ActionInvokers.ControllerExtenderActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +341
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +116
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +97
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +37
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +21
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +62
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +50
       System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7
       System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +22
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +60
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8970061
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184

• Martin 11 posts 33 karma points
    May 15, 2012 @ 07:35
    Martin

Hello!

I have the exact same behaviour in my project. Have you solved your problem?

/Martin

• Aaron Devaney 14 posts 44 karma points
    May 15, 2012 @ 11:26
    Aaron Devaney

Hi Martin

Sorry I didn't. I had to recreate the site from scratch on the server. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft