Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bernie 11 posts 25 karma points
    Jul 26, 2009 @ 22:55
    Bernie

TinyMCE Path Error after Web Host Move?

My hosting company was purchased by someone else and my Umbraco site was moved to their servers.  Since then I've been having issues with Umbraco.

The current public content is serving to anonymous requests no problem, but working with the site through the admin interfaces under the "umbraco" dir is a problem.

After I log into Umbraco and attempt to open a content page to edit the content, I get the following .net error:

Could not find file 'D:\WWWRoot\[my new host's site directory]\www\umbraco\config\tinyMceConfig.config'.

Looking into this there is in fact no file in that path on the hosting company site, but, that file does live here on the host file system with some other config files here:

D:\WWWRoot\[my new host's site directory]\www\config\tinyMceConfig.config'.

So, looking at the site file structure on a local copy of Umbraco that I have running on my Vista workstation, it too contains this file:

[my local site IIS root]\config\tinyMceConfig.config

So, it seems obvious that there is some path problem on the new host server, but, I'm not sure what to do.  They are telling me that they aren't using virtual directories.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bernie

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 27, 2009 @ 08:47
    Morten Bock

I'm just guessing here, but maybe they have some sort of setup that does not let web.config files inherit from eachother.

I think there is a web.config file in the /umbraco folder, so if that means that the server translates a url in asp net from ~/config/example.config to /umbraco/config/example.config, then it may make sense, because it takes the folder of the neares web.config file as the site root.

No idea how to test if this is the case though...

• bproven 9 posts 26 karma points
    Aug 04, 2009 @ 18:48
    bproven

Check your web.config and the following keys

<add key="umbracoReservedPaths" value="/umbraco,/install/" />
    <add key="umbracoPath" value="/umbraco" />

Makre sure that the values have no trailing slashes.  In this default setup, it should be "/umbraco" and not "/umbraco/".  i hit the same problem when I migrated Umbraco 4.x to a new server and was messing around with renaming the umbracoPath.  I put in a trailing slash and was getting the same error until I removed it.  Looks like this may your problem as well (or some variation of this).  Hope this helps....

• James Hildeman 92 posts 88 karma points
    Aug 29, 2009 @ 03:49
    James Hildeman

Perfect!  I just created this problem while "cleaning up" my web.config.  Thanks for the post as it just saved me from myself.  ;-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft