Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael 7 posts 27 karma points
    May 15, 2012 @ 17:49
    Michael

how to configure databse in 5.2 web.config file?

Does anyone have suggestions for how I could configure my database settings in the web.config file for Umbraco 5.2? In 4.7.2 I was able to modify a line in the web.config file that would then allow my hosting service to "auto wire" all the database settings for Umbraco. The web.config file seems radically different in 5.2. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can accomplish the same thing in 5.2?

Here is the line I change in the 4.7.2 web.config file to work with my hosting service.

<add key="umbracoDbDSN" value="server=.\SQLEXPRESS;database=DATABASE;user id=USER;password=PASS" />

I change this line to:

<add key="umbracoDbDSN" value="{mssql-2008#mylogicaldatabaseservicename}" />

This works swell in 4.7.2. Where would be the right place to define my the logical database name I use on my hosting service in 5.2, such that my hosting service can automatically change all the relevant database pointers/credentials as part of it's "auto-wiring" process?

• organic 108 posts 157 karma points
    May 15, 2012 @ 18:30
    organic

The v5 db settings look to be in /App_Data/Umbraco/HiveConfig/web.config.

• Michael 7 posts 27 karma points
    May 15, 2012 @ 19:10
    Michael

Hmmm.... The only file I see in the HiveConfig folder is empty.txt Just to clarify, I downloaded the Umbraco_5.1_WebDeploy.zip file. When I look at the HiveConfig folder inside of this Umbraco package it is empty.

Is the config.web file in the HiveConfig folder somehow auto-generated during the installation of the Umbraco? Somehow I need to figure out how to do modify my database connection string BEFORE I push/install Umbraco on my hosting service. Otherwise the install will fail. I can't do modifications post install.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft