Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Muhammad Humayun 49 posts 79 karma points
    May 16, 2012 @ 11:36
    Muhammad Humayun

Umbraco blog inside umbraco website issue

Hi everyone

I have a situation that we have installed umbraco blog within an existing umbraco website. e.g. http://abc.com/blog/

Now I'm using the following in the web.config

<add key="umbracoMediaPath" value="/blog/media"/> 

It's helping me to manage the media images but now the problem is whenever the editors try to insert any of the media file in RTE, it strips away the "/blog/" from the file's path hence yeilding no proper link for the images/files from the media.

Any suggestion how to overcome this problem?

Thanks

Muhammad

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    May 16, 2012 @ 11:48
    Anthony Candaele

Hi Muhammad,

I would use Digibiz Advanced Media Picker (DAMP). This gives you fine-grained control over wich media can be stored in which media folder.

greetings,

Anthony

May 16, 2012 @ 12:02
    Muhammad Humayun

Hi Anthony,

DAMP looks good. I'll surely try it as well.

I'm currently trying to fix Rich Text Editor issue as explained above.

Thanks

Muhammad

May 18, 2012 @ 18:21
    Muhammad Humayun

Hi Guys,

issue #1

I have diagnosed the problem but i don't know how to fix it.
    When we publish the page, umbraco looks for the image aspect ratio, if it is fine (i tried with explicit values 800x600 even though umbraco does pick the original ratio eventually in this case), the image(s) get the required path with /website/media, it otherwise fails and is unable to update the image path.

Can someone helps me find the piece of code looking/working on the aspect ratio of the images being picked from the media.
    I believe that we can wrap it with a try catch block so it proceeds to update the image path with the webconfig app key value (umbracoMediaPath "/website/media").

issue #2
    Another thing which i have discovered is that when you have an external link having /media in it, (e.g. http://externalLink.com/media/abc/xyz/image.jpg), It strips off the domain and make it "/media/..." hence the image is left broken when you republish the page after sometime and you don't even remember what domain it was from :(

Thanks

May 22, 2012 @ 14:07
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft