Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gregg Duncan 48 posts 70 karma points
    May 22, 2012 @ 17:25
    Gregg Duncan

PropertyItemHeader not showing next to RTE in new install of v4.7.2

I've just put up a fresh install of Umbraco version 4.7.2. Everything seems to be ok except for some reason the label that should be showing up next to my Rich Text Editor in the content area is missing. They show up fine for all other datatypes. It's only the TinyMCE Rich Text Editor that doesn't have the header section.

Using firebug, a textbox multiple data type looks like below. Note the div with the class="propertyItemHeader".

<div class="propertyItem" style="">
    <div class="propertyItemheader">Meta Description</div>
    <div class="propertyItemContent">
    <textarea id="body_prop_metaDescription" class="umbEditorTextFieldMultiple" cols="40" rows="10" name="ctl00$body$prop_metaDescription">
    </textarea>jQuery16204370616674115759=Object { events={...}, handle=function()}
    </div>
    </div>

Now with the Rich Text Editor data type:

<div class="propertyItem" style="">
    <textarea id="body_prop_bodyText" class="tinymceContainer" style="visibility: hidden; display: none;" cols="20" rows="2" name="ctl00$body$prop_bodyText" aria-hidden="true"> </textarea>jQuery16204370616674115759=Object { events={...}, handle=function()}
    <span id="body_prop_bodyText_parent" class="mceEditor umbracoSkin">
    <table id="body_prop_bodyText_tbl" class="mceLayout" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="width: 500px; height: 400px;"></span><script type="text/javascript"></div>

Note the PropertyItem div still wraps the property but there's no PropertyItemHeader or PropertyItemContent divs wrapping the Rich Text Editor data types.
    Does anybody know why this is happening?
  • Gregg Duncan 48 posts 70 karma points
    May 23, 2012 @ 16:06
    Gregg Duncan

Well for anyone else who runs into this problem and comes here, I found it myself. Apparently there is a checkbox on the datatype for the rich text editor that determines whether to show the label. And, it's set to off by default. I guess I can understand why you may want the extra room for a wider rich text editor window but I would have thought the default would be to show the label and then allow it to be turned off since you have to go to the datatype to increase the size anyway.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft