Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rob Watkins 369 posts 701 karma points
    May 23, 2012 @ 13:48
    Rob Watkins

YetAnotherForum issues (Umbraco 4.7)

I have taken over an existing Umbraco / YAF install in order to get it working, and am having problems with the Membership (of course).

This is probably more of a YAF (or even just .NET) question, but this forum is much nicer ;o) and I know a few core users have done YAF integrations so I thought I'd see if anyone has had the same problem!

I have set up the membership providers to all be the YAF ones. This, in general, works fine. I can log in with a known account, Umbraco secures the pages fine, YAF works, Umbraco lists the users - all fine.

I have one basic problem:

If I create a member in Umbraco, it all seems to work, however, the Membership provider will not log me in. The user is created fine in the YAF provider tables, and is added to a role, but just cannot log in - i.e. the standard ASP.NET Login control just tells me it is an invalid account.

Now for the REAL weirdness - this only happens if I'm using hashed passwords; if I set the passwords to Clear, everything works fine.

But everything is going through the single, YAF provider - so WTF? :o)

I am assuming that the hash is being generated differently on creation and lookup - but I can't see how that could be. Anyone with an in depth knowledge of the Membership model able to suggest anywhere to look?

It's pretty annoying, I just wrote an entire custom provider for another site from scratch and it worked first time with no problems, grrrrr.

• Vasily 7 posts 27 karma points
    Aug 10, 2012 @ 04:28
    Vasily

Hi Rob Watkins,

Any chance you can post your web.config and write step by step of how you integrated YAF ? I tried to integrate YAF, but I have the issue. I would really appreciate if you can have a look at my post: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/33760-Umbraco-48-YAF-integration-YAF-membership-provider

Thank you

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft