Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Viral Shah 32 posts 61 karma points
    May 23, 2012 @ 16:25
    Viral Shah

the directive 'page' is unknown - error

I am recently moving one Umbraco based site to new VPS environment and every thing works when i try on user end but it gives below error when i try to log in in Umbraco admin.

Site is built on Umbraco - 4.0.1

Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

ASP.NET 2.0 Classic

--------------

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: The directive 'page' is unknown.

Source Error: 

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="c#" MasterPageFile="../masterpages/umbracoPage.Master" CodeBehind="EditMemberGroup.aspx.cs"
    Line 2:    AutoEventWireup="True" Inherits="umbraco.presentation.members.EditMemberGroup" %>
    Line 3:  

Source File: /umbraco/masterpages/umbracoPage.Master    Line: 1 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5420; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5420

I thank in advance for your valuable feedback/comments.

Many thanks

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    May 23, 2012 @ 17:21
    Seth Niemuth

Did you change your /umbraco/masterpages/umbracoPage.master as a masterpage file should begin with <%@ Master ... rather than <%@ Page which would be for an aspx page?

May 23, 2012 @ 17:29
    Viral Shah

Thanks for your suggestion. I changed it to <% @Master.. as you suggested and now i am having below error.

Any idea? 

Many thanks.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately. 

Parser Error Message: Circular file references are not allowed.

Source Error: 

Line 1: <%@ Master Language="c#" MasterPageFile="../masterpages/umbracoPage.Master" CodeBehind="EditMemberGroup.aspx.cs" Line 2:    AutoEventWireup="True" Inherits="umbraco.presentation.members.EditMemberGroup" %>
    Line 3:  

Source File: /umbraco/masterpages/umbracoPage.Master    Line: 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5420; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5420

May 23, 2012 @ 17:37
    Viral Shah

It is pretty strange. i get to see admin like below. Even the image icons are not loading up properly. Any idea what could be the reason ?

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    May 23, 2012 @ 18:20
    Seth Niemuth

You wouldn't need to just change that part of the masterpage if it was starting with <% Page then it was probably completely wrong and the rest of the content had been completely changed. It is probably worth reinstalling the umbraco files.

May 23, 2012 @ 18:42
    Viral Shah

Thanks for your suggestions. I will try to do that and see how it goes. 

v

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft