Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Simon B. Nielsen 6 posts 26 karma points
    May 24, 2012 @ 17:53
    Simon B. Nielsen

5.0.1 -> 5.1 upgrade experience

To put this bluntly - I am extremely disappointed with the latest version of Umbraco. I created another thread about data loss but it's deeper than that.

I have created an Umbraco site for a client. Unfortunately there was nasty performance issues with media (file upload fields). It took forever to load them. I checked the forums and I found those issues were resovled with 5.1.

I decided to upgrade however after doing so I noticed that more than half of the data fields didn't show the uploaded files. After searching around and debugging I noticed that republishing the affected pages appeared to resolve the problem.

I decided to republish the entire site by selecting publish from the site root (/Home). After doing so I was no longer able to login in to the umbraco admin. Come on, man... REALLY!?!?

I decided to rollback to 5.1 and the publish steps but on each node seperately. After publishing a random number og pages login suddenly stops working. There's no pattern.

In my honest and humble opinion Umbraco 5.x in it's current form is NOT ready for production use. Not even close. And this comes from a developer that whas sworn to Umbraco for years.

I guess it's back to version 4.7.x - praying for a forgiving client...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft