Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mmmoustache 50 posts 79 karma points
    May 28, 2012 @ 18:42
    mmmoustache

Database configuration with MySQL Workbench

Hi Everyone,

I'm in the middle of my first manual install of Umbraco (v4.7.2) on a VPS and have hit the dreaded 'Database Connection Initialisation Failed' error. There seems to be an abundance of posts on this problem but I haven't found a solution to my own problem yet, so hopefully someone can spot where I'm going wrong.

Based on what a lot of people say on this problem, there doesn't appear to be any permissions issues as '/install/?installStep=filepermissions' reports that my permissions are perfect and whenever I fill in the connection details, even though I still get the error, these details are added to connection string in my web.config. I've also tried manually updating the connection string in the web.config but I'm still getting the same results.

I created the site using IIS6 Manager and have used MySQL Workbench to create the new schema, is there anything else to configure in MySQL Workbench after a new schema is created? Is there a way to associate the site with the database prior to this?

Kind Regards,
    mmmoustache

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft