Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rey Collazo 1 post 20 karma points
    Jul 28, 2009 @ 23:04
    Rey Collazo

Unable to load type umbraco.presentation.urlRewriter

Howdy. Just downloaded umbraco 4 from codepex. Am using it on an XP Pro SP3 box running IIS 5.1 that has framework 3.5. The system.web.extensions dll is version 3.5 not 1.0.6 so am using the 3.5 web.config file that I've encountered on codeplex and yart.com.au. At this point, I'm receiving the error below.

I have the install within a virtual directory umbracoTest. However, the hosts file has been modified to point to this directory as in localhost       umbraco.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you,

Rey

Could not load type 'umbraco.presentation.urlRewriter.FormRewriterControlAdapter'

Line 3:    <browser refID="Default">
    Line 4:      <controlAdapters>
    Line 5:        <adapter controlType="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm"
    Line 6:                 adapterType="umbraco.presentation.urlRewriter.FormRewriterControlAdapter" />
    Line 7:      </controlAdapters>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\App_Browsers\Form.browser    Line: 5

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Jul 28, 2009 @ 23:14
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Did you setup a virtual directory in IIS and installed umbraco in there? That's a no-go. Umbraco MUST be in the root of the website.

I'm not sure what you mean how you altered your hosts-file. The hosts-file is only for altering the names you can use to access your IIS. As I read it, you can type umbraco, and then it will go to localhost right?

HTH,

Peter

• Dave Rollins 35 posts 48 karma points
    Oct 18, 2009 @ 14:42
    Dave Rollins

I had this error on a local Win2003 IIS 6 box - tried everything - I had total control of the permissions, my IIS box had the default trust level (FULL) etc....

And then on a hunch I changed the asp application to allow parent paths and...  it fixed this problem.

This sort of makes sense since url rewriting would indeed be mucking with paths, parent paths etc.

Anyways... something else to try... hope this helps someone.

Oct 22, 2009 @ 00:19
    Dave Rollins

My change above was short lived - I am still having this issue.

Has anyone figured this out?

• ahbeng 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 27, 2009 @ 02:05
    ahbeng

Not sure if it's the same problem as Dave's, but I encountered this as well when installing on Winxp SP3 & IIS 5.1. I installed Umbraco on the root and ran the installation and it was all good.

Then I set up a VS 2008 project, recompiled and got the same problem. Tried a couple of things then realised... being the idiot that I am... that I named my project Umbraco. This conflicted with the rest of the umbraco libraries of course. Changing the Assembly name to Idiot.Umbraco then doing a recompile fixed it for me.

So yeah my recommendation is to check your Default namespace in your Visual Studio project.

Nov 09, 2009 @ 23:05
    Dave Rollins

I finally did figure out my problem - it ended up being my virus protection software.

Removed it and .... everything was fine.

So you might want to be sure your virus software is ignoring the applicable directories.

• James Diacono 16 posts 435 karma points
    Feb 01, 2011 @ 23:51
    James Diacono

Got this error when I forgot to reference an assembly which was sitting in my bin folder.  Referenced it from my project and the error went away.

• Will Morrison 8 posts 29 karma points
    Dec 27, 2012 @ 05:49
    Will Morrison

Got this on VS 2010 pro on Win 7 x64 - Same problem as above - tryed naming the project "Umbraco" - starting over/renaming project seemed to fix the namespace problems.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft