Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ayo Adesina 442 posts 1035 karma points
    Jun 04, 2012 @ 00:37
    Ayo Adesina

Why is web depoly/publich in web martix changing my connection string.

Hi guys,

Problem:

I have got a fresh install of Umbraco5 created using web-matrix locally all working fine...so I hit publish...web depoy publishes with no errors....

but then you go to the site and it says that umbraco has not been installed....so I thought let me check the connection string on the server

and its showing this
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

<add name="nhibernate.ConnString" connectionString="Data Source=|DataDirectory|Umbraco.sdf" providerName="System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0" />
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

but on my machine its showing this

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<add name="nhibernate.ConnString" connectionString="Data Source=91.1XX.1X0.80; Initial Catalog=LondonCity.TV;User Id=LondXXXity;Password=00XX." providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if I update the connection string on the server it all works....but WHY is the deployment chaning the connection string...?

I even added another connection string with the same name nhibernate.ConnString after the first one so I had

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<add name="nhibernate.ConnString" connectionString="Data Source=|DataDirectory|Umbraco.sdf" providerName="System.Data.SqlServerCe.4.0" />

<add name="nhibernate.ConnString" connectionString="Data Source=91.1XX.1X0.80; Initial Catalog=LondonCity.TV;User Id=LondXXXity;Password=00XX." providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and then after the publish I look on the server and its

------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you get what I am saying........hellllllppppppppppp???

• Ayo Adesina 442 posts 1035 karma points
    Jun 04, 2012 @ 00:57
    Ayo Adesina

Here is a hack...........but if any one knows why it keeps changing the nhibernate.ConnString I would really like to know

<add name="nhibernate.ConnString1" connectionString="Data Source=91.146.XXX.80; Initial Catalog=LondonCity.TV;User Id=Gonddxxxity;Password=00dXXXA." providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    </connectionStrings>
      <appSettings />
      <umbraco>
        <persistenceProviderSettings>
         <nhibernate useNhProf="false" connectionStringKey="nhibernate.ConnString1" outputNhMappings="false" sessionContext="web" driver="MsSqlCe4" />

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft