Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• fremen 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 06, 2012 @ 01:22
    fremen

What am i doing wrong?

I am new to Umbraco, but I installed with web matrix, made a little site and wish to publish it on my web site.

I clicked the publish option, and the FTP (i dont have the web deploy logins), and it transferred all the files to my web server.

Now whenever I have tried this with Drupal etc, it automatically would bring the installer up so I could install it from there.  Although here I am just getting the raw files listed.

Anyone point me in the right direction?

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Jun 06, 2012 @ 08:56
    Rik Helsen

If you copied all files correctly, and your host supports ASP.NET it should load up the website, if it doesn't there are a few possible option:s

• your host only supports php (doh)
    • permissions are set wrong
    • default homepage isn't configured (very strange)

Drupal hosting doesn't need to be compatible with Umbraco, so maybe that's a pointer ;)

• fremen 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 06, 2012 @ 10:28
    fremen

I am sure to have copied all the files correctly, 

My host supports asp.net, asI have asked to make sure it does.  Permissions should be okay also.. and not sure how to fix the default home page problem :|

• Ayo Adesina 442 posts 1035 karma points
    Jun 06, 2012 @ 15:42
    Ayo Adesina

Make sure that its set to .net version 4.0.

Are you using MS SQL database or the MS SQL CE database?

If your using a MS SQL database you will have to make sure that you have the exact same copy of the database from your local system on to the live servers and you will also have to change the connection string on the servers website to point to the correct database.

What are you seeing now when you go to the website URL?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft