Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garth Henderson 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jun 07, 2012 @ 20:23
    Garth Henderson

What dlls does 5.1 require in the bin directory for a hosted site?

What dlls does 5.1 require in the bin directory for a hosted site?

I am using winhost and need to install missing dlls in the application bin directory that are not installed on their hosted server.

Is there a zip file somewhere with all the additional dlls that need to be installed?

Thx.

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    Jun 09, 2012 @ 00:58
    Craig Cronin

Hi Garth,

Version 5 only really 3 things.  .NET 4, MVC 3 and the umbraco folder itself.  So if things are not working its probably missing the MVC 3 framework

Jun 09, 2012 @ 01:44
    Garth Henderson

Thx, Craig.

It is a correct assumption that I can install the missing DLLs on the hosting web site in the application bin directory?

Jun 09, 2012 @ 02:32
    Garth Henderson

Yep, I dropped down the following dlls:

1. Microsoft.Web.Infrastructure.dll
    2. System.Web.Helpers.dll
    3. System.Web.Mvc.dll
    4. System.Web.Razor.dll
    5. System.Web.WebPages.Deployment.dll
    6. System.Web.WebPages.dll
    7. System.Web.WebPages.Razor.dll

Now the error message is:

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Some progress.

Jun 09, 2012 @ 02:53
    Garth Henderson

OK, I changed 2 lines in the web.config to set to full trust.

This got rid of the error. 

Jun 09, 2012 @ 09:29
    Craig Cronin

Does it work now?  I quite surprised you are doing the website in version 5.  I've only just had my level 2 training for version 5 last week with Darren Ferguson and even though I think this will be a brilliant product in the future, there are packages such as ucomponents etc that i really rely upon.  I also think the api's are going to have quite a number of changes.  Can't wait to see the keynote at codegarden :)

Jun 21, 2012 @ 19:39
    Garth Henderson

Hey Craig,

Sorry for the delay, I just got an email saying that you had left a reply.

Yes, everything is working fine on our WinHost account now with Umbraco 5.1.

I am a business application programmer and am looking to integrate umbraco with our LightSwitch applications - so I want to start working with 5.1.

I've never used umbraco before.  

My interests are using KnockOut, JQuery, and JQueryMobile - and packages derived from these technologies.

LightSwitch V2 will support integrated HTML5 in Visual Studio.

Jun 22, 2012 @ 00:26
    Craig Cronin

No problem Gareth.

Umbraco is a really good product and love it compared to big products such as sharepoint etc.  Personally though i don't think its worth going down the version 5 route based on the annoncement in codegarden last week. 

I only had my version 5 training about 10 days ago and they have decided to stop any further development and go back to version 4.  I'm a software development team leader for two councils in Wales in the UK and have recently started using lightswitch as well.

Yes, just seen a newsletter regarding the new version of lightswitch and HTML5 which makes the product even better.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft