Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Taymar 9 posts 29 karma points
    Jun 12, 2012 @ 13:20
    Taymar

Umbraco folder is not application root after restoring from zip

Hi all,

I'm in the process of trying to move a site from one shared host to another. The two shared hosts use different control panels (websitepanel vs plesk parallels).

I backed up the database then restored it, which seemed to work fine. To move the site files, I zipped everything up on the old server, and unzipped it to the new server. I then set permissions correctly. The front-end now works fine, but the back end looks all broken (missing styles, content etc.) From another post I found, it sounds like my umbraco folder may be a plain folder and not set as the 'application root'. This sounds plausible to me since I restored from a zip file.

Here's the other post I found http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/27843-Administrator-Panel,-Looks-unusual- but there was no final resolution unfortunately.

Is there any way I can just set this folder as the application root, or should I start over in a different way?

thank you

• Mark Bennett 199 posts 375 karma points
    Jun 17, 2012 @ 22:17
    Mark Bennett

Taymar,

Like you say it sounds like you have the umbraco directory as a folder within your main website.. What you need to do is make the umbraco directory your main website.

I don't know how you access your site with your host but you need to either map your website to the umbraco directory as the root or re upload the umbraco folder so that all the files and folders in the umbraco folder are in the root of your website.

• Jignesh 31 posts 51 karma points
    Jun 18, 2012 @ 09:38
    Jignesh

upload your umbraco folder and give full rights to it.

• Ravi Motha 290 posts 500 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jun 21, 2012 @ 18:03
    Ravi Motha

I've been experiencing a similar kind of thing with the installer, 

and basically , we needed to ensure that the user IUSR, had permissions to the folder and that should fix your probllems..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft