Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ravi Motha 290 posts 500 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jun 15, 2012 @ 17:02
    Ravi Motha

intsaller not working 4.7.2

I'ev been trying to use the web deploy/ and platform installer to create a new umbraco 4.7.2 web site, and have run into a n issue where the site is installed, the scripts are there, but the installer page doesn;t actually work, and seems to leave me with half a web site.

I have checked my permissions , checked my app pools ; the install page appears to be in a similar state to the following error being reported here:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/31824-Upgrade-Stuck-at-Step-1

This is the first time I've had any trouble installing so any help is appreciated;

I've checked the datastaring that looks fine, the <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="" /> is empty and that's it?

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Jun 15, 2012 @ 17:27
    jaygreasley

hey Ravi,

I just downloaded 472 and set up a new site in a fresh IIS site, fresh SQL Server Express db. Did you remember to unblock the zip file?

/j

Jun 15, 2012 @ 18:02
    Ravi Motha

I did, i even already had 7Zip on the server..I've also tried adding the IIS app pool permissions the only diff was I was doing a database on one server and web site on another.. very strange

http://bpnew.stage2.edcoms.com/install/default.aspx?redir=true&url=/login.aspx

Jun 15, 2012 @ 18:09
    jaygreasley

I just looked at your site in Chrome and it isn't loading the css, which smacks of permissions.

have you added IIS_IUSRS to permissions list?

Jun 15, 2012 @ 18:16
    Ravi Motha

I think so, and the properties seem to say so.. 

Jun 15, 2012 @ 18:18
    Ravi Motha

But my gut feeling it's some obscure permissions type thing, though not sure why site is affected.. 

Jun 15, 2012 @ 18:21
    Ravi Motha

will have a think and fiddle overthe weeknd and monday and let you know.. 

Jun 15, 2012 @ 18:22
    jaygreasley

tried, Advanced, replace permissions on children ?

funky :S

• Bo Kingo Damgaard 157 posts 456 karma points
    Jun 15, 2012 @ 19:36
    Bo Kingo Damgaard

From the folderstructure image you posted it looks like umbraco is not running from the root of the website?

Umbraco can only run from the root of a site - not a folder or virtual folder

/Bo

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jun 15, 2012 @ 22:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ravi

What mode is the app pool running? And what is the identity of the application pool?

/Jan

Jun 16, 2012 @ 12:39
    Ravi Motha

its a .net 4 Integrated and it's in the AppPoolIdentity(it's set up as a new app pool called bp new (because I am cunning with my naming conventions)) and I have gone through and given all the folders permissions via command line as a back up to see if that sorted out the issue. (that's off the top of my head but I believe that's correct)

@Bo I haven't tried moving the folder up one so it's in the bp-es-new folder (which might be my next port of call), as I know the other umbraco sites at that level work.but this was default out of the box installer I ran. 

Also I have run this in different folder structures admittedly not one deep but this is not a virtual folder

Jun 16, 2012 @ 12:42
    Ravi Motha

@jay very funky, 

I have almost got to th epoint of trying to set permissions on everything , in a completely unnecessary manner.

I may try Bo suggestion of moving the folder up so to speak so it's in the root.. but that was done by the instaler so that would irk me..

right time for a bit of weekend relaxtion, thansk for the contributions as ever, and I'll pick this up on Monday

Have a good weekend gents

Jun 18, 2012 @ 13:19
    Ravi Motha

hope everyone has either recovered from codegarden or had a good wekedn.

I've tried moving my folder to the root, so it's not in subfolder, I have granted permissions  for NetworkService/AspNet and IIS_IUSR (read*execute List folder and read

so the file structure is d:\wwwroot\myFolder

I've also created a new app pool which is v4 and integrated and called the right name (so to speak however I am still getting the unstyled install page which doesn't fire the install scripts).

and I still get 

http://bpesnew.stage2.edcoms.com/install/default.aspx?redir=true&url=/login.aspx

hair being pulled out, any one with any thoughts? or good hair replacement?

• Bo Kingo Damgaard 157 posts 456 karma points
    Jun 18, 2012 @ 13:55
    Bo Kingo Damgaard

Hi Ravi

I still looks to me as your umbraco installation in not in the root unless myFolder IS THE ROOT of the IIS site. I assume that wwwroot is the root - or is that just a container for all your sites?

/Bo

Jun 18, 2012 @ 14:32
    Ravi Motha

wwwroot is where we put all our sites so it is the container .. and yes we do have other umbraco sites running in there, which makes this install issue so much more baffling.. admittedly they are slightly older versions but not by a lot

ravi

Jun 18, 2012 @ 15:05
    Ravi Motha

aha.. after much futzing around, it was permissions, but not the ones I thought.. IUSR not IIS_IUSR

and that sorts it out..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft