Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Deron Johnson 83 posts 114 karma points
    Jun 19, 2012 @ 20:32
    Deron Johnson

4.7.2 Upgrade

We have updated our 4.7 to 4.7.2 and all seems to be working as far as the admin console and the site coming up.  However, when we update content it shows that it updated successfully in the console but the umbraco.config file does not update nor does the update of the content show up on the website.  Even after restarting the app pool/ IIS the content and deleting the umbraco.config still show no updates, however it does replace the deleted umbraco.config without the change.  Content from the console has the edits though....any ideas where to start on this one?

• Jesper Hauge 298 posts 487 karma points c-trib
    Jun 19, 2012 @ 23:39
    Jesper Hauge

I know this is basic - so I apologize for suggesting the obvious but: Did you make totally sure the page in question has been saved _and published_ in Umbraco?

The handling of the umbraco.config file and the in memory cache was improved with version 4.7.1, and I haven't had any problems in this area since then.

Regards
    Jesper Hauge 

Jun 19, 2012 @ 23:44
    Deron Johnson

Thanks Jesper, but yes, I saved and published a couple of small changes and I get the confirmation back that it saved and published to the website but no joy. It is not there and the config does not update.  We have the umbracosettings file the same as before the upgrade (yes on local cache, no on continously update xml cache).

Jun 19, 2012 @ 23:54
    Deron Johnson

Just another note, one log error I am getting now is giving me a file not found error for \umbraco\config\feedProxy.config.   When I unzip the files for 4.7.2 I did not see that file (nor is it in my upgraded Umbraco install).  The only other error in my logs is

“the uCommerce license file is either missing or empty”. 

Jun 22, 2012 @ 14:17
    Deron Johnson

Okay, we rolled the environment back to a pre-4.7.2 status (which worked perfectly before) and I am getting similar behavior.  You can edit, save and publish content successfully (according to the console messages), however the umbraco.config file does not update nor does the change show up on the website unless you delete the umbraco.config and restart the site.  We have deleted all the temp cache and behavior does not change.  Ideas?

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Feb 04, 2021 @ 15:55
    Alex Skrypnyk

9 years later facing the same issue :) any idea?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft