Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt Brailsford 4125 posts 22222 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Jul 31, 2009 @ 13:58
    Matt Brailsford

Default.aspx not redirecting to first node?

Hey guys, i've setup a site localy on my machine (Windows Vista, IIS7) and have created a basic site. I have one document type "Homepage" which uses the homepage template, which in turn has a master template. I have created the home page and published it.

Now, when i got to http://localhost/ it seems to render just the contents of the Master template, however when i go to http://localhost/home.aspx it then does render the contents of the homepage template. I'm guesing that it's not redirecting to the first node for some reason, although i wouldn't know why it is rendering the master template if it is not.

Anybody got any ideas on what the problem might be?

Many thanks

Matt

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5058 posts 15520 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 31, 2009 @ 14:29
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Or maybe your Home document doesn't have the correct template attached to it? Also, try to publish it again.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jul 31, 2009 @ 14:45
    Jan Skovgaard

But if "Home" is the first node in the tree would'nt it then be the same page that is called whether one is writing localhost or localhost/home.aspx?

• Richard Soeteman 4045 posts 12898 karma points MVP 2x
    Jul 31, 2009 @ 14:46
    Richard Soeteman

Hi Matt,

I think this is because Umbraco.Config contains the runway website when you install Umbraco(thanks for reminding me to submit this to codeplex). Try Republish Entire site from the content Node. That should work.

Hope it helps you,

Richard

• Matt Brailsford 4125 posts 22222 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Jul 31, 2009 @ 21:29
    Matt Brailsford

Hi Richard,

Republishing from "Content" did the trick.

Many thanks

Matt

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft