Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• dolberdinho 5 posts 26 karma points
    Jul 01, 2012 @ 13:51
    dolberdinho

Hosting / "software as a service" site

Hi,

I'm looking to transfer my umbraco domain from discountasp.net to a new provider. I like discountsap. However, I can't get my domain transferred to them and I want everything under one hosting company.

I want to create a site catering for dance class teachers, www.dancebanana.com, and basicly a new customer (teacher) should be able to get a new site with a unique name like mysalsaclasses.dancebanana.com.

I copy a tree structure with the needed nodes for each new instance and then I create a new subdomain using an API that interfaces with the hosting provider's control panel in order to create a new a record pointing to the subtree.

Therefore, I looking for a new hosting provider, which has the capablility of creating subdomains dynamically... and as this is only a hobby/test project it would be nice if it wasn't too expensive either ;-)

I've tried contacting some of the recommended providers mentioned in the forum but each time I have to wait a few days for an answer and I havn't found any meeting the requirement yet.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Best,

Johannes

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 5x admin c-trib
    Jul 02, 2012 @ 11:19
    Jeroen Breuer

The Umbraco HQ is also working on Umbraco-as-a-Service. It's still in an early stage, but I think they are looking for testers. Here's a video from CodeGarden 12: http://www.codegarden12.com/sessions/day-two/slot-two/introducing-concorde.aspx.

Jeroen

• dolberdinho 5 posts 26 karma points
    Jul 02, 2012 @ 14:43
    dolberdinho

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for the heads up. I'll watch the session.

Best,

Johannes

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft