Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carl Heinrich Hancke 1 post 23 karma points
    Jul 16, 2012 @ 19:47
    Carl Heinrich Hancke

Cannot create default user during Umbraco v4.7.2 Configuration

While looking for a CMS system I came across Umbraco. Beautiful application & written in .NET! Exactly what I needed. I downloaded v4.7.2 using the Microsoft Web Platform Installer & once done, WebMatrix 2 started & displayed the Umbraco Configuration Wizard. Started entering the settings until at Step 4, creating a default user, I hit a big snag.

I supplied all the fields, including a strong password, but clicking the Continue button didn't do anything. Opening up the Chrome Developer window, I noticed that the webresource.axd was not found, which led to a null function reference in the Javascript libraries. I searched the web but could only find issues relating to .NET 1.1, which certainly isn't the case here.

I gave up for a while & then this evening decided to have another crack at it. When opening up my browser on my laptop (which I use for work, but never browsed the web on), I noticed all SLL certificates were being flagged as untrusted, even for sites like Google. This was because my date & time settings were set to factory settings (my BIOS was losing these settings each time the laptop powers down, still need to look into that...).

I set the date & time to the current values & just like that, the configuration wizard worked & I could set up my first Umbraco site!

Hope this helps anyone running into the same issue, as I couldn't find anything directly relating to Umbraco regarding this. The long & the short of it is, make sure your Date & Time settings are set to something considered to be valid. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft