Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ivan 139 posts 302 karma points
    Jul 23, 2012 @ 21:15
    Ivan

Urgent: need help with Umbraco Hosting

Hello.

Recently i migrated my umbraco sites to Arvixe hosting.

My problem is that, with a few of these sites, i am getting Fatal error 9001 whenever i try to login to backend panel.

Seems to be related with database log file and growth size limit. Restarting database fix the issue but crash again after a few days.

Any ideas? Could it be related with log file size?

Problem persists and i need to move again to another hosting company.

Database file size is only 84 MB and log file size is 1,8 MB. Do you experienced same fatal error? Have you previously worked with http://www.hostinguk.net/dotnetdeveloper.asp

I am considering to hire their services.

Please, i am a bit frustrated with that and just want a definitive solution to my problem.

Regards,
    Ivan

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Jul 23, 2012 @ 21:35
    Dan

Hi Ivan,

Can Arvixe confirm that database size is the cause of the issue?  They would probably be best placed to do so.

If you want a simple way to administer and clean-up database logs, take a look at the FALM Housekeeping package - it might be useful to help you keep things in check if this is the issue.

Jul 23, 2012 @ 21:50
    Ivan

Hi Dan,

Whenever i try to make a backup of the database using Arvixe WebsitePanel i get the following error:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Exception: Error executing 'Backup' task on 'dm_umb452' SQL database ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The log for database 'dm_umb452' is not available. Check the event log for related error messages. Resolve any errors and restart the database.

Is like the database log file is missing. Actually website runs ok but whenever i try to login to backend or a user try to login using frontend i get the Fatal error 9001.

It's driving me crazy!

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Jul 23, 2012 @ 22:04
    Dan

Hmm, that sounds stressful - I can empathise!

I've just had a quick dig around and there's a thread on the Arvixe forum about this problem specifically, from several different users dating back since May.  You may well have seen the thread (you may well have posted!): http://forum.arvixe.com/smf/general/sql-server-on-endine-fatal-error-9001/ but it seems to be something Arvixe support can resolve judging by some of the responses.

EDIT:

Actually, I see your other thread about this from 3 weeks ago so maybe the post on the Arvixe forum is yours.  Everything does point towards either a missing SQL log or tightly capped log file size.  Either way, I really think it's only something Arvixe support can fix.  Regarding other hosts, there's a thread on Umbraco hosting recommendations which might be of interest.  I've used Titan for hosting small sites before and they've been pretty good.

Jul 23, 2012 @ 22:23
    Ivan

Thanks Dan.

It's really frustrating. I have this problem for 2 months now. Arvixe Support Staff seems to fix the problem but after a few days shows again.

That's why i am seriously considering to move my umbraco sites to hostinguk.net.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft