Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mark Thomas 34 posts 127 karma points
    Jul 27, 2012 @ 14:49
    Mark Thomas

MNTP not showing any nodes in 4.8.0

I have a local installation of 4.8.0 which works with the built in MNTP, but with my test install on Windows Server 2008 R2, it doesn't show the nodes.

The content is the same on both installations, as it has been packaged and installed via the install packages.

There was also problems during installation, where it jumped over the user setup, which I got around by manually setting up users in the database, but the installation still feels a bit buggy compared to the one I have locally.

Not sure if it is related, but the search is not working either. I.e. not returning results for valid search terms, which return values on my "identical" local solution.

My gut tells me it's permissions, but where to start when most things work?

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 27, 2012 @ 15:26
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Yup, sounds like permissions to me. Try giving the IIS_IUSRS group modify permissions to everything to test first, then revert to just the necessary permissions.

Also, oyu may want to check any javascript errors you're getting and see what ajax calls are failing and why.

Jul 27, 2012 @ 15:34
    Mark Thomas

That's a good start, didn't think of that. The error that doesn't show locally is:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)

http://uatwebv10.etdk.local/umbraco/controls/Tree/CustomTreeService.asmx/GetInitAppTreeData

Jul 27, 2012 @ 15:45
    Mark Thomas

Great, thanks!

The App Pool was apparently using the Local System account, so changed that to Network Service and gave all permissions and it's working!

Jul 30, 2012 @ 13:58
    Mark Thomas

A side not on the search. It was necessary to republish the content tree to populate the indexes for searching.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft