Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Garrett Fisher 341 posts 496 karma points
    Aug 02, 2012 @ 15:20
    Garrett Fisher

CMS Images Not Showing and Media Files Inaccessible

Hi,

I have a very weird problem which is causing a blocker for my current project.

A colleague of mine tried to enable sharing on a few folders in the webroot so that he could FTP to them, he rebooted the box a couple of times, and suddenly:

1. All of the images in the CMS are not showing (/umbraco/images)
    2. Any file in /media, images, pdf's, etc. are inaccessbile
    3. CSS files (/css), JS files (/scripts), and Images (/images)  are not accessible.
    If you request any of the above directly in the browser, eg. http://31.222.157.191/images/logo.png, browser forwards to http://31.222.157.191/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fimages%2flogo.png and this error is printed to the screen:
    An error occurred while processing your request.
    There is nothing in the event log.  This seems like a permission issue, but all of the permissions seem to be correct: IIS_USRS and NETWORK_SERVICE both have full control over every folder in inetpub/webroot.
    Anyone ever seen this issue?  All of the files are there, there is nothing wrong with the installation in itself, it has to be a configuration issue.
    Thanks,
    Garrett

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Aug 10, 2012 @ 05:33
    Tom Fulton

Hi Garrett,

Have you tried turning off sharing and seeing if all works again?  Sometimes permissions can work differently when you combine NTFS and Sharing permissions.  The above definitely sounds like permission issues.

Also you should be able to get a better error message by turning off customErrors in the web.config, but I'm pretty confident it's permission related.

-Tom

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft