Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Justin Ashurst 8 posts 28 karma points
    Aug 06, 2012 @ 14:19
    Justin Ashurst

Tools for New Umbraco developers

Hi,

As new Umbraco developers what packages, tools, software, methods can be suggested to make our lives easier?

Should we look at Courier for example?

Thanks.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Aug 10, 2012 @ 05:17
    Tom Fulton

Hi Justin,

Are you looking for anything in specific or just to get up to speed with umbraco?

To get started I think www.umbraco.tv is a great resource for learning the basics.

Courier is great to use for deployments and is definitely worth looking into.  Some packages that I use on almost all installs are uComponents and Digibiz Advanced Media Picker.  I also use Contour a lot, a big timesaver for basic custom forms.

If you have questions on specific areas always feel free to post a thread and the community will chime in :)

-Tom

• Muhammed A Salam 13 posts 35 karma points
    Aug 10, 2012 @ 10:58
    Muhammed A Salam

Hi justin,

I suggest you to install ucomponents which is free package one of  the most useful package in umbraco. Courier is such a useful tool but you need to purchase licence for using all the features of courier. Other useful package is Imagegen, it is a handy application for Umbraco  website that automatically resizes photos.Then i suggest embedded control and Digibiz Advanced Media Picker.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft