Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rob Watkins 369 posts 701 karma points
    Aug 10, 2012 @ 16:53
    Rob Watkins

Error running Umbraco (4.8) NeatUpload on IIS7

This is driving me mad, please help while I still have some hair left! I set up a 4.8 install on my local IIS6 server, all works perfectly. I then copied everything over to the live server, runnign on IIS7 and got this really weird problem:

• All the Umbraco admin system works perfectly
    • All GET requests work perfectly
    • POST requests on the home page work perfectly
    • POST requests in a test page in a non umbraco folder (i.e. umbracoReservedPath) work perfectly
    • All other POST requests give me a 404
    Using the excellently useful IIS Tracing package (http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/266/troubleshooting-failed-requests-using-tracing-in-iis/) I identified the NeatUpload HttpModule as the culprit.
    However, I am still no closer to identifying the problem.
    What happens is, when I POST to an Umbraco URL, I get an error entry in umbracoLog with no exception or any other message at all; I then get a 404 error. I presume the 404 is because Umbraco fails to handle the request, it passes it on to the normal ASP.NET handler, which then throws a 404 because obviously the file doesn't physically exists, it is just an Umbraco node.
    If I disable the NeatUpload HttpModule everything is fine, so there is clearly a clash there.
    Found this in the NeatUpload documentation: "When NeatUpload's module is preventing a 3rd-party module from working, it is typically because the 3rd-party module only works properly with certain HttpWorkerRequest subclasses and NeatUpload's module changes the HttpWorkerRequest subclass." - but I would have thought that would cause problems on IIS6 as well, not be an IIS7 specific thing.
    I tried setting the pipeline mode to Classic, and that broke everything.
    Has anyone got a working Umbraco 4.8 install on IIS7 that is using NeatUpload?

• Rob Watkins 369 posts 701 karma points
    Aug 23, 2012 @ 12:42
    Rob Watkins

Just bumping this as will need to make a decision on the uploader soon - surely someone must be using NeatUpload with Umbraco on IIS7?

Even just to know it's possible would be a help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft