Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel 44 posts 187 karma points
    Aug 14, 2012 @ 15:01
    Daniel

tinyMCE javascript file error

Hi,

I have a 4.7.2 Umbraco installation that I'm running locally with no problems, but at the server the tineMCE editor isn't working. In the admin interface is isn't rendering at all in any browser on any document type.

From Firebug I get the following two errors:

missing } after function body
    http://new.shoppingevent.se/umbraco/plugins/tinymce3/tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx?rnd=e3f066ba-78df-45d0-a3ba-56ac7639524b&module=gzipmodule&themes=umbraco&plugins=contextmenu,umbracoimg,paste,inlinepopups,table,spellchecker,advlink,media,noneditable,umbracocss,umbracomacro&languages=en
    Line 21715

and

tinyMCE is not defined
    http://new.shoppingevent.se/umbraco/editContent.aspx?id=1067
    Line 298

Apperently there is a javascript error in the tinyMCE js file, a missing bracket (}). I analysed the js-file and found out that there is two less } than {, so it might well be the problem. But why would it appear only on the site and only in the remote location? I can't just put two extra brackets in there either since the file is being build somehow serverside.

I have not touched the tinyMCE configuration at all.

I have tried the solution suggested here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/15382-tinyMCE-is-not-defined but it does not apply to my problem.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks,
    Daniel

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Aug 14, 2012 @ 21:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Daniel

How have you deployed the site to the server?

I think this could be casued by either

1: The directory containing the files for tinyMCE is missing on the server

2: Permissions have not been set properly

I've seen this before where for some weird reason the tinyMce directory has not been copied to the live environment.

So check if the "tinymce3" folder exists inside the "umbraco_client" folder.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Daniel 44 posts 187 karma points
    Aug 14, 2012 @ 23:37
    Daniel

Hi Jan,

The tinyMCE folder seems to be in the right place and I can't see any errors in permissions. However, your comment got me thinking that maybe I should deploy the umbraco instance on another clean site. When I did this the error does not appear. Hopefully I won't encounter it again.

Thanks for your help Jan.

/Daniel

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Aug 16, 2012 @ 21:08
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Daniel

Glad to hear you got it working.

Even though permissions seem to be right I think that there is something about files being copied (that has other permissions) than the ones they overwrite can take precedence...and thus can cause some issues...someone correct me if I'm wrong about this :)

Therefore I think it's always worth trying to reset permissions.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft