Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jennifer Killingsworth 191 posts 247 karma points
    Aug 15, 2012 @ 21:15
    Jennifer Killingsworth

xslt errors after upgrade to 4.8

I've upgraded a backup copy of my website from 4.7.1.1 to 4.8 and now I seeing XSLT errors on all my web pages.

We I go to backend of umbraco and visualize an XSLT file it gives the following error:

Error parsing the XSLT:

System.Exception: Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'Fizzler.Systems.HtmlAgilityPack, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exceptions were thrown: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'HtmlAgilityPack, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bd319b19eaf3b43a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'HtmlAgilityPack, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bd319b19eaf3b43a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'HtmlAgilityPack, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bd319b19eaf3b43a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'HtmlAgilityPack, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=bd319b19eaf3b43a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Assembly assembly, Type attribute) at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Type attribute) at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensionsImpl() at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.GetCacheItem[TT](String cacheKey, Object syncLock, CacheItemPriority priority, CacheItemRemovedCallback refreshAction, CacheDependency cacheDependency, TimeSpan timeout, GetCacheItemDelegate`1 getCacheItem) at umbraco.macro.GetXsltExtensions() at umbraco.macro.AddMacroXsltExtensions() at umbraco.macro.GetXsltTransformResult(XmlDocument macroXML, XslCompiledTransform xslt, Dictionary`2 parameters) at umbraco.presentation.umbraco.developer.Xslt.xsltVisualize.visualizeDo_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

The HTMLAgilityPack in 4.8 is version 1.4.5.0, so somehow it's still looking for the old version that I had in 4.7.1.1.

Any ideas on what may have gone wrong?

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Aug 15, 2012 @ 21:45
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Jennifer,

It's a similar issue to what we have on uComponents with Umbraco 4.8 - specifically with our reference to Lucene.Net. More details here: http://j.mp/umb48-breaks-ucomponents

You should be able to take the same approach, using <assemblyBinding> to redirect the specific version of HtmlAgilityPack:

<dependentAssembly>
        <assemblyIdentity name="HtmlAgilityPack" />
        <codeBase version="1.3.0.0" href="bin\legacy\HtmlAgilityPack.dll" />
        <codeBase version="1.4.5.0" href="bin\HtmlAgilityPack.dll" />
    </dependentAssembly>

You'll just need to get a copy of HtmlAgilityPack 1.3.0.0 and place it in the /bin/legacy folder.

Good luck!

Cheers, Lee.

Aug 15, 2012 @ 21:56
    Jennifer Killingsworth

Thanks!

Actually, I got my XSLT working. 

The upgrade files had the new HtmlAgilityPack.dll in the bin folder,  but version 4.7.1.1 had and old version of that file PLUS another file called Fizzler.Systems.HtmlAgilityPack.dll.  When I removed that .dll file, suddenly all my XSLT's started working again.

So, if anyone else runs into this problem, delete the Fizzler.Systems.HtmlAgilityPack.dll after you upgrade.

Aug 15, 2012 @ 22:05
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Jennifer,

The "Fizzler.Systems.HtmlAgilityPack.dll" isn't part of the Umbraco distribution - so make sure that it's not part of a 3rd-party package that you need/use.

Cheers, Lee.

Aug 15, 2012 @ 22:17
    Jennifer Killingsworth

Hmm, I checked all my installed packages and none of them reference that .dll.  Whatever it is, looks like it's been part of my Umbraco site since version 4.6.

Aug 15, 2012 @ 22:24
    Lee Kelleher

No worries, glad that you've resolved the issue.

Cheers, Lee.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft