Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Morten S. Andersson 3 posts 23 karma points
    Aug 16, 2012 @ 10:47
    Morten S. Andersson

Object reference not set to an instance of an object - Umbraco.Cms.Web.System.PluginManager

Hi

I'm trying to install an Umbraco 4.8 on UnoEuro webhotel, but I'm getting an error, which I cant find any solution to.. It's working fine on my local weninstaller platform, but when I publish to UnoEuro, in stead of the site, I get this error: 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       Umbraco.Cms.Web.System.PluginManager.Initialize() +128

[InvalidOperationException: The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Umbraco.Cms.Web.System.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object..]
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethods(ICollection`1 methods) +423
       System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods() +306
       System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +677

[HttpException (0x80004005): The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Umbraco.Cms.Web.System.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object..]
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9090876
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +97
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +256

Any Ideas on how to solve this?

Best Regards

Morten

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Aug 16, 2012 @ 21:28
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Morten and welcome to our :)

How are you deploying the website to unoeuro? And have you been in contact with their support to make sure that everything is setup correctly on the server?

/Jan

Aug 17, 2012 @ 07:19
    Morten S. Andersson

Hi

Yes, I'm deploying to UnoEuro, and have been in contact with them. (Have written to them ones more though, to check how the setup is)

Could it be related to if the site is in classisc or integrated pipeline method? 

/Morten

Aug 17, 2012 @ 08:48
    Morten S. Andersson

Solved the issue. 

Made webmatrix delete all files not on the computer (and there by deleteing all unnessecary files on the server). Also I by mistake made a wrong db connection, which I also deleted - and now all is working. 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Aug 17, 2012 @ 18:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Morten

Happy to hear you figured it out. My initial question was not if you were deploying to unoeuro, but how you were doing it :)

I've also been having some issues deploying to unoeuro using webmatrix where the db has sometimes been messed up. But I think it might be due to some weird bug in webmatrix 1.

Have a nice weekend.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft