Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• KoosMos 19 posts 41 karma points
    Aug 17, 2012 @ 09:51
    KoosMos

Problem to build solution in 4.8.1

Hi,

I installed umbraco 4.8.1, the install seems to be good but when I want to build my solution I have this error :

The virtual path '/umbraco/masterpages/umbracoPage.Master' maps to another application, which is not allowed.    C:\inetpub\wwwroot\UmbracoTest\umbraco\developer\RelationTypes\EditRelationType.aspx

I have 10+ installation of umbraco in 4.7.2 and I have never seen this problem.

Have you a solution ??

Thank you

• Stephane Mathis 9 posts 29 karma points
    Aug 17, 2012 @ 10:14
    Stephane Mathis

I've the same problem, he project doesn't build. But I can't find any information on this forum.

• Island Express 5 posts 26 karma points
    Aug 17, 2012 @ 16:18
    Island Express

Thats is happening to me also.

I basically added the whole website to a visual studio solution and this I get the same error in the same file. If I just change path to MasterPageFile="~/umbraco/masterpages/umbracoPage.Master" in that file, the error moves to the next file and so on and so on..

I guess this is some kind of a path-problem?

Aug 17, 2012 @ 16:32
    Island Express

I did manage to fix this in my local solution by changing the Virtual Path of my website to /

:)

Aug 17, 2012 @ 16:46
    KoosMos

Hi,

Where do you set the Virtual Path please ??

P.S: in IIS I don't use virtual directory

Aug 17, 2012 @ 17:25
    Island Express

Oh, its in Visual Studio under the properties for the website.

Just rightclick the website in the solution explorer and choose properties.

Aug 17, 2012 @ 17:27
    Island Express

Although I DO have to exclude all the files in the /umbraco/plugins/contour folder (I've got a licence for contour), since the .aspx.cs files aren't there to compile.. There must be another way for me to do that, but for now that helps. I am wondering if there's a better setup in the whole Visual Studio and Source control, that I'm not aware of, but for now the site is compiling fine.

Aug 20, 2012 @ 15:30
    KoosMos

Thank you, it builds now.

• Gary George 1 post 22 karma points
    Dec 05, 2012 @ 01:38
    Gary George

This solution worked for me. Thanks.

For anyone with this problem who is using Visual Studio 2012 you can change the Virtual Path for the site in the Properties Window not the Property Pages for the site. Just select the site in Solution Explorer and open the Properties Window (View --> Properties Window) or (Ctrl+W, P) assuming the window is not already docked in the designer somewhere. Virtual path should be one of the editable properties.

• kleptbit 42 posts 98 karma points
    Dec 06, 2012 @ 17:30
    kleptbit

I had this problem in Visual Studio 2010, except mine would build but all the paths to images, scripts, css etc. were wrong. Changing the Virtual Directory path in the Properties Window means I can now view everything in the browser as it should be.

I am new to this and I've gotta say, when people say it's got a steep learning curve they ought to throw in adverse camber for good measure. Thanks for this solution or I'd have no hair left. :)

• Michiel 30 posts 61 karma points
    May 17, 2013 @ 17:48
    Michiel

Thx, this got me up and running in no time!

• Scott McClannahan 10 posts 30 karma points
    Oct 09, 2013 @ 00:23
    Scott McClannahan

FYI - for others this applies to the latest (Umbraco v6) as well!

• Heather Floyd 603 posts 1001 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Sep 29, 2015 @ 16:56
    Heather Floyd

So... what would one do if there is no "Virtual Path" property on the Project Properties Window to edit?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft