This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lars Mortensen 90 posts 98 karma points
    Aug 17, 2012 @ 15:25
    Lars Mortensen

4.8.0 to 4.8.1 Upgrade with CE DB, can't upgrade DB

Hi

I am trying to update a 4.8.0 to 4.8.1.

The site uses SQL CE database.

When it should update the database, it changes to 20% and writes "Connection opened" and just stays there, never comes futher.

I should test an IIS installation and used the 4,8,1 to get some content, and chose SQL CE again.
    I chose to install a template during the installation, but the skin selection failed.
    I then started the install procedure once more, an at the DB check it just stalls again like I wrote below, so use this way to test

Regards Lars Motensen

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 17, 2012 @ 18:24
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lars

Unfortunately there is a bug with upgrading Umbraco 4.8 to 4.8.1 running CE SQL. I ran into this a few days ago. I don't know when it will be fixed but luckily there is a rather easy workaround in order to fix it.

Sebastiaan Janssen has written it here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-mMo3JTYdqpKJKNwxr48U_R4u2prj99kmS2lEidM2iw/edit?pli=1

It should be pretty straight forward.

Hope this helps - and don't hesitate to ask further questions if something does not make sense.

/Jan

• Mark Johnston 59 posts 111 karma points
    Aug 18, 2012 @ 14:39
    Mark Johnston

Alsoo ran into this. Will this be rectified in the next release, if so I'll wait till that version is released.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft