Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Clay 6 posts 26 karma points
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 05:20
    Clay

Error when installing fresh Umbraco blog kit

Ok, so Umbraco installs sucessfully, but when I go to install the blog kit, I get the error

----------------------

Could not find a IDataType control matching DataEditorId e66af4a0-e8b4-11de-8a39-0800200c9a66 in the controls collection.

-----------------------

I've looked into folder permissions, and tried skipping the 'Starter Kit' on install and using post-install functionality, and I still get the same error.

Also, Umbraco installs fine + blog on my home Windows 7 machine, but it's having problems on my Windows Server 2008 machine. 

Both are using SQL Server 2012 Express. My home machine has Visual Studio installed, the server does not. 

Anyone have any ideas / suggestions? Thanks. 

~ Clay

Aug 21, 2012 @ 16:08
    Clay

Hi guys, 

It looks like WPI is the culprit here. When I install Umbraco using Web Matrix I can install the starter kit just fine. 

~ Clay 

Aug 25, 2012 @ 04:03
    Clay

Well it looks like getting it to work on Web Matrix was worthless, I really need this to run on IIS. Any suggestions on what causes this error? I'm on Windows Server 2008 R2, installing with the WPI installer. 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Aug 25, 2012 @ 09:44
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Clay

You should be able to simply just point an IIS site to the site created under the folder "My Web sites". If you don't want to have i placed there you can just copy the folder containing Umbraco to your desired destination and point your IIS site there.

Remember to ensure that network service and IUSR accounts have the proper permissions and the app pool should be running integrated mode and .NET 4.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Aug 25, 2012 @ 21:43
    Clay

Hi Jan, 

When I copy the working site (created w/ WebMatrix), add IUSR read/write permissions to the folder, and "convert to application" in ISS web settings w/ Integrated Mode and .Net 4, I end up with another (different) major problem. 

The website css/images do not load, I just see white background w/ black text. I've tried googling and all sorts of remedies but none have worked so far. 

When I try to install with the Web Platform Installer (or just unzipping), I can see css/images, but by the time it gets to the personal site kit install, I get the above error. One strange thing when I look at the web directory after the error is that it looks like umbraco is trying to install in a subdirectory, ie

Before-Install

claysdev\

App_Etc...

Post-install (after failed personal kit install)

claysdev\

App_Etc.

claysdev\

App_Etc.

If anyone knows what would cause umbraco to install inside itself, that may fix my problem. Or anyone knows why css/images will not load when I simply copy the directory and share with IUSR .

Thanks. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft