Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bongbong 20 posts 40 karma points
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 10:55
    Bongbong

Templates and Doc Types missing after copying Umbraco

Hi,

Umbraco version 4.0.2.1

1. We copied the Umbraco from production (live) and used it to replace the Umbraco on the Test server as the latter was corrupted. However after copying, the Templates are missing in the Test server and the Document Types are popping up errors as "Server Error in '/' Application".

2. This Umbraco holds multiple domains. After copying to the Test server, the "Link to document" and "Althernative Links" for one of the domains is pointing to the live URL "http://www.xxx.com" when we really need it to point to the Test server domain "http://uat.xxx.com".

We restarted the Test Server after copying. Can anyone help with these 2 problems urgently please? What steps have we missed?

Thanks

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 11:38
    Paul Blair

1. did you copy all the code directories and the database? did you update the web.config connection string to point to the test DB?

2. you will need to right click on the domain, edit the hostnames to point to the test server doamin and then re-publish the entire site.

Aug 21, 2012 @ 12:48
    Bongbong

Hi Paul,

#2 issues has been resolved. Thanks for that.

#1 issue is still open. Where can I find the "code" directories? I tried to look but can't find it on the Test Server.

When I open the "Settings" view, I got errors when I tried to create new templates/document type, or modify the existing stylesheets. As mentioned before, we copied the whole Umbraco from the production and replaced this on the Test server. Could it be something missing in the config?

Thanks

Aug 21, 2012 @ 13:13
    Paul Blair

#1 by that, I meant what did you restore from production? Did you do a DB restore? Did you copy all the directories (/media, /umbraco, /umbraco_client, /xslt etc.) from production to test?

Aug 21, 2012 @ 13:40
    Bongbong

Yes, everything was copied from production to test. I think the DB was restored.

We have restored the web.config and umbracosettings.config in the Test server with the copies from before replacing.

Aug 21, 2012 @ 22:29
    Paul Blair

are you able to get a copy of the backup and attempt a restore locally

Aug 22, 2012 @ 14:33
    Bongbong

Hi,

After reading other similar posts on the forum. it appeared to be the lack of permissions on the IIS to access these Umbraco folders. The following article tells you which folders to set permissions to:

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/permissions

Thanks Paul for your help :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft