Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bo Damgaard Mortensen 719 posts 1207 karma points
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 13:52
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

Fresh 4.8.1 install results in 'Value cannot be null' on publish

Hi all,

Just installed v. 4.8.1 and created the doctypes needed for the sites structure. Now, when I'm publishing a node in the content tree, I get an ArgumentNullException:

Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: attribute

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: attribute]
    System.Xml.Linq.XAttribute.op_Explicit(XAttribute attribute) +165046
    UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer.ReIndexNode(XElement node, String type) +190
    Examine.ExamineManager._ReIndexNode(XElement node, String type, IEnumerable`1 providers) +93
    umbraco.DocumentCacheEventHandler.Invoke(Document sender, DocumentCacheEventArgs e) +0
    umbraco.content.UpdateDocumentCache(Document d) +1048
    umbraco.library.UpdateDocumentCache(Int32 DocumentId) +122
    umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.Publish(Object sender, EventArgs e) +541
    System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +187
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +165
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3707

The umbraco.config is empty (which makes sense since it never reaches the code in UpdateDocumentCache()) and I have checked that the node is indexed, which it is.

Anyone experienced this and got a hot-fix for it? :-) Got this odd feeling that I have missed something simple 'n easy. I've checked permissions and they seem to be just fine.

Thanks in advance!

All the best,

Bo

Aug 21, 2012 @ 13:55
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

Hmm, guess I was a bit too fast posting here :-) A complete re-install fixed the issue. *something* must have gone wrong along the line when installing it the first time.

Aug 21, 2012 @ 14:42
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

I found the reason of the error on my second install. I named some of my doctypes "1 - Bla bla" and "2 - Bla bla" which made their aliases start with a "-" Deleting that "-" in the alias fixed the problem.

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Aug 21, 2012 @ 14:57
    Morten Bock

I guess that deserves a bug report? The autogenerated aliases shouldn't contain dashes. Or as a minimum, they should not start with dashes, since that is not valid for an xml element name.

Aug 21, 2012 @ 15:01
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

Oh, absolutely :-) I'll report it. Thanks for reminding me!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft