Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel 44 posts 187 karma points
    Aug 22, 2012 @ 14:19
    Daniel

The type initializer for 'Examine.ExamineManager' threw an exception.

Hey,

Here's another thread on the familiar "The type initializer for 'Examine.ExamineManager' threw an exception." error that has been discussed in several threads before.

The typical "solutions" to this issue seems to be either or both of the following:

1. Remove parts from the Temp folder (http://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/razor/28180-The-type-initializer-for-)

2. Installing Examine Dashboard to rebuild indexes

To start with (2) installing Examine Dashboard doesn't seem to work under Umbraco 4.7.2. And when I removed all files from the App_Data/TEMP folder I get the error below in the Umbraco Log. It seems like Umbraco remembers that it is supposed to load temp files in the temp folder, but those are removed hence it fails.

Why does it try to load that file from the temp folder? Can I reset that step somehow?

I have tried repulishing the site and touching the web.config. Also I'm pretty sure the access rights are sufficent, since it has worked before and other sites are working with the same setup. I am however on a shared hosting solution so I can't access thhe application pool

Error loading IApplication: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Examine.ExamineManager' threw an exception. ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Access to the path 'D:\hshome\fincozmo\nytt.shoppingevent.se\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\Internal\WSW38.exa' is denied. (D:\hshome\fincozmo\nytt.shoppingevent.se\config\ExamineSettings.config line 12) ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\hshome\fincozmo\nytt.shoppingevent.se\App_Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\Internal\WSW38.exa' is denied.     at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)     at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)     at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)     at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append)     at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize)     at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)     at System.IO.FileInfo.CreateText()     at Examine.LuceneEngine.SerializableDictionaryExtensions.SaveToDisk[TKey,TValue](SerializableDictionary`2 sd, FileInfo fi)     at Examine.LuceneEngine.IndexerExecutive.CreateEXAFile()     at Examine.LuceneEngine.IndexerExecutive.Initialize()     at Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneIndexer.ReInitialize()     at Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneIndexer.Initialize(String name, NameValueCollection config)     at UmbracoExamine.BaseUmbracoIndexer.Initialize(String name, NameValueCollection config)     at UmbracoExamine.UmbracoContentIndexer.Initialize(String name, NameValueCollection config)     at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProvider(ProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType)     --- End of inner exception stack trace ---     at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProvider(ProviderSettings providerSettings, Type providerType)     at System.Web.Configuration.ProvidersHelper.InstantiateProviders(ProviderSettingsCollection configProviders, ProviderCollection providers, Type providerType)     at Examine.ExamineManager.LoadProviders()     at Examine.ExamineManager..ctor()     at Examine.ExamineManager..cctor()     --- End of inner exception stack trace ---     at Examine.ExamineManager.get_Instance()     at umbraco.presentation.umbraco.Search.ExamineEvents..ctor()     --- End of inner exception stack trace ---     at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)     at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)     at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)     at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)     at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Application.RegisterIApplications()

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft