Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• SteveG 1 post 21 karma points
    Aug 23, 2012 @ 19:46
    SteveG

Dynamics of targeting a skin 4.8.1

Hello, 

After doing a couple installations manually and with the installer, changing skins seems to be a constant problem. Testing on multiple servers seems to return the same problem.

Steps taken to create the problem are as follows:

Install and start process of walking through web interface of final installation. Select skin (u.media) and test. Initial Skin works but on selection of Settings and choosing a different skin the site will lock-up and not allow switching after viewing the site with a designit_green skin.

I've looked everywhere I could think of to find "which" the master pages and css are targeted but it eludes me. Viewing the DB looks like the CSS is drawn into a table cmsStylesheet as a proxy since changing the actual file ~/css/Custom.css  effects the website but needs to be reviewed and saved in the Admin area  to update this saved off data. But if you have multiple skins available what tells which to select?

Nodes I expect but then how to determine which are conflicting or not updating to allow a proper skin change via the admin area?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft