Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Cameron 23 posts 42 karma points
    Aug 27, 2012 @ 04:53
    Cameron

New data types not showing up after upgrade to 4.8.1

Hi,

I have an installation which was on 4.7.2 and have upgraded to 4.8.1

After this installation I expected to see the included uComponents data types, in particular the multi node tree picker available. This is why I actually upgraded.

I'm not seeing them as available data types.

Is there something I have possibly done wrong? Maybe a step I've missed along the way somehow?

Perhaps there is some sort of thing I can do to expose them?

This installation is currently running four different websites, albeit quite small, and I'm putting together a fifth but have hit this brick wall.

I have tried stopping and starting the server to no avail.

Thanks for any help,

Cam

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Aug 27, 2012 @ 11:58
    Hendy Racher

Hi Cam,

When the Multi-Node TreePicker was moved from uComponents into Umbraco, the uComponents prefix was dropped so it's name changed from "uComponents: Multi-Node TreePiicker" to "Multi-Node TreePicker" (it also has a different GUID, so could be considered a completely seperate datatype).

The original datatype is still available within the uComponents.Legacy.dll in uComponents v5.0.0+.

Can you see "Multi-Node TreePicker" in the list ?

Cheers,

Hendy

Aug 28, 2012 @ 01:56
    Cameron

Thanks for the reply Hendy.

The picker is NOT in the list.

What I did find though thorugh a late night falsh of (brilliance?) was to manually add the Data Type. It was a 'simple' matter of creating a new type, setting the Render Control to Multi-Node Tree Picker which IS in the drop down of available controls. 

Still don't understand why it wasn't there already after the upgrade...

• Brian 7 posts 27 karma points
    Aug 30, 2012 @ 21:54
    Brian

I'm having the same experience.  I upgraded a 4.7.2 site to 4.8.1 and do not see any of the new data types listed by default in the Developer section.  I have to manually create a new data type and then I am able to choose from a more complete list.  Is this by design?

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Aug 30, 2012 @ 22:13
    Hendy Racher

Hi Brian,

I believe so, yes - most require some configuration, so defaults would be unlikely to fit all requirements.

Aug 31, 2012 @ 05:41
    Cameron

Yes, this was the conclusion I jumped to once I found that the controls were available.

I'm not certain that this is how it is supposed to be though.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft