Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ayo Adesina 442 posts 1035 karma points
    Aug 29, 2012 @ 18:15
    Ayo Adesina

Should I install Umbraco - RIPV5 - Hangover

Hi guys,

I wasn't sure the best place to post this...but I guess its relevant..becuase thats the questions I am asking my self.

Should I use umbraco for the next project....When V5 was in development I was checking the progress bar almost every day then it came out and I was like at last umbraco in MVC....now cut a long story short we all know what happened, it was pulled from service. I think it was a bold dessions and I can see why it was done...

but.......what happens now, umbraco is great I love it, but its not MVC and this is somehting I want in my applicaitons, when will this happen, will it ever happen?

I was thinking I have got a new project should I use umbraco or should I go and look at some other products like orchard...my heat is going one way my head is going another...

any thoughts please..?

• Lee Kelleher 4024 posts 15833 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Aug 29, 2012 @ 20:36
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Ayo,

If you are after an ASP.NET MVC CMS, then Orchard is a good option... or if you liked how v5 was progressing, then take a look at the forked version of it called Rebel CMS - which is under active development.

As for MVC in Umbraco - it is coming... check the roadmap for 4.10 - however do keep in mind that this wont be a pure MVC solution/architecture. More of a hybrid of an optional MVC front-end, with the back-office using WebForms.

If you wanted to try something right now, then you could take a look at this package: umbraMVCo - which enables MVC front-end for Umbraco 4.7.2+

Good luck with whatever you choose to go with.

Cheers, Lee.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft