Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roger 195 posts 474 karma points
    Sep 03, 2012 @ 14:33
    Roger

Umbraco admin are not displaying properly

Hi all,

I have seen a few posts about the admin area not displaying properly. I have the same issue. I have followed the suggestions in the posts but its still not working. I am using a VPS and have set the permissions for IIS_IUSRS and NETWORK_SERVICE. The front end works however.

Can someone please help me with this?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Sep 03, 2012 @ 17:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Roger

Is the app pool setup to use the network service in IIS?

Also you should try to delete the "ClientDependency" folder in /App_Data/Temp/ to see if that makes any difference.

In case you have not seen this guide on how to install Umbraco manually by Sebastiaan Janssen I recommend you read it: http://cultiv.nl/blog/2011/7/18/how-to-install-umbraco-manually/

/Jan

Sep 03, 2012 @ 18:47
    Roger

Hi Jan,

I have just amended the AppPool so it used the NETWORKSERVICE ID and I have deleted the ClientDependency folder. Restarted the site in IIS and still it is the same for me.

I looked at that guide also and there doesnt seem to be anything on there that would suggest I have done something wrong whilst installing.

Any other ideas?

Roger

• Jinendra Mudhale 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 03, 2012 @ 19:46
    Jinendra Mudhale

Hello,

This is same for me, I am not seeing the Forms Displayed in left seciton Tree and there was one error when I try to install it from Packages 

Server Error in '/' Application.

Error - file not found. Could find file named 'C:\inetpub\vhosts\orc.odindia.com\httpdocs\App_Data\'

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Exception: Error - file not found. Could find file named 'C:\inetpub\vhosts\orc.odindia.com\httpdocs\App_Data\'

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

I am using umbraco v 4.7.1.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.4393.24044)

and when I try to install package from local, it does get installed but I get 
    web.config could not be updated + 
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Umbraco Contour Installer encountered some errors

• Installed the database
    • Added the forms datatype
    • Updated /umbraco/config/create/ui.xml
    • Added dashboard to Contour application
    • web.config could not be updated +
      System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.Installer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    • Addded Formpicker macro control
    • Updated english language file with Contour keys

I am confused and not able to use this software.

Thanks for any help.

Sep 03, 2012 @ 19:55
    Roger

I reinstalled it with the web platform installer and it works now except accessing the admin area gives me an error unless I login via the VPS directly and it works . but logging in from my remote machine, I get the following error:

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Sep 10, 2012 @ 21:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Roger

Sorry about the late reply.

What error message do you get if you switch customErros from "RemoteOnly" to "Off" ?

/Jan

Dec 05, 2012 @ 14:44
    Roger

Hi Jan,

I have a similar issue now that I have moved a perfectly working version of the latest Umbraco to a different domain on the same VPS.

The domain i moved it from was a development domain. Now that I have moved the files over to a different folder the admin area is broken again

www.stellamaristraining.co.uk/umbraco/login.aspx

It doesnt seem to be loading the styles and JS

All permissions are the same as the development version

The front end is working fine

Any ideas?

Thanks

Roger

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft