Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Leo 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 04, 2012 @ 12:01
    Leo

Cant show new content

Hey

Ive started using umbraco yesterday and im new to it. Im having some problems with site management/show content and configuration.

I've created a basic page/site with template and property etc etc. published the site and it doesnt show any content. I've tried to republish the the page/site but no go.

Then i checked the configuration(installed using PI) and have webmatrix interface. Problem is i cant see the table/s in the default database(SQL CE standard install). Getting this error when checking:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Database already opened by a different user. [ Db name = C:\Users\Leo\Documents\My Web Sites\Umbraco CMS3\App_Data\Umbraco.sdf ]

System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException (0x80004005): Database already opened by a different user. [ Db name = C:\Users\Leo\Documents\My Web Sites\Umbraco CMS3\App_Data\Umbraco.sdf ]

at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.Open(Boolean silent)

at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeConnection.Open()

at Microsoft.WebMatrix.DatabaseManager.SqlCeDatabase.SqlCeDatabaseProvider.TestConnection(String connectionString)

at Microsoft.WebMatrix.DatabaseManager.IisDbManagerModuleService.TestConnection(DatabaseConnection databaseConnection, String configPathState)

at Microsoft.WebMatrix.DatabaseManager.Client.ClientConnection.Test(ManagementConfigurationPath configPath)

at Microsoft.WebMatrix.DatabaseManager.Client.DatabaseHierarchyInfo.EnsureLoaded()

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the content problem related to the database problem? Do i need to change anything(connectionstring, usersetup etc)?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Sep 06, 2012 @ 17:03
    Tom Fulton

Hi Leo,

Did you get this figured out?  I'm not really familiar with running Umbraco on SQLCE so not sure I can help much.  But when you say the site doesn't show any content, what exactly do you mean?  Is your template not rendering at all?

Also I wonder if to open the database you might need to stop the site first.

-Tom

• Leo 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 07, 2012 @ 09:39
    Leo

Hey tom

I've figured out the first problem(database issue). Cant be logged in to cms/site admin and open the database in webmatrix at the same time. Dunno if this is a security feature with too many users or if its a bug. Either way its not a problem there.

when checking the database i can see that the content is coming through allright and the nodes are fine. So it's gotta be something i done wrong myself or i've missed creating elements in the template.

I think i've missed putting elements in the template. The template is empty except basic barebone contentplaceholder and default masterfile. Do i need to put elements in the template for it to render any content?

Sorry, im very new to umbraco so i haven't learned everything yet.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft