Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lachlann 344 posts 626 karma points
    Sep 08, 2012 @ 11:34
    Lachlann

Exception occurred while populating cache

Hey guys,

I have a local setup of umbraco 4.8 and I am running into this error:

Exception occurred while populating cache, Will set RazorDataTypeModelTypes to null so that this error remains visible and you don't end up with an empty cache with silent failure.   7.27401401117419    0.004629
        The exception was System.Exception and the message was Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'Examine, Version=0.1.42.2941, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exceptions were thrown:
    System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Lucene.Net, Version=2.9.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=85089178b9ac3181' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040).    at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Assembly assembly, Type attribute)
      at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Type attribute)
      at umbraco.MacroEngines.DynamicNode.TryGetMember(GetMemberBinder binder, Object& result)

I am pretty sure I must have rogue dll from another instalation messing stuff up, but i cant find it :( any help or pointers for tracking it down would be great.

L

Sep 08, 2012 @ 11:56
    Lachlann

Okay so in the stack trace it is saying that it can't find

'Lucene.Net,Version=2.9.4.1

but i swear it is there,

L

Sep 08, 2012 @ 12:29
    Lachlann

Okay so I thought i may was well try upgrading to 4.9 just for a laugh, and now my stack trace error is no longer pointing to examine but to umbraco.global.

Exception occurred while populating cache, Will set RazorDataTypeModelTypes to null so that this error remains visible and you don't end up with an empty cache with silent failure. The exception was System.Exception and the message was Unable to load one or more of the types in assembly 'App_global.asax, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exceptions were thrown: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'umbraco.Global' from assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.4633.18696, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.. at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Assembly assembly, Type attribute) at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Utils.TypeFinder.FindClassesMarkedWithAttribute(Type attribute) at umbraco.MacroEngines.DynamicNode.TryGetMember(GetMemberBinder binder, Object& result)

L

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Sep 09, 2012 @ 19:56
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Make sure to delete App_global.asax.dll, it has been obsoleted in v4.8.0. 

• eshan 12 posts 42 karma points
    Nov 22, 2012 @ 06:05
    eshan

Thanks Sebastiaan Janssen your answer is correct :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft