Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matthew 93 posts 153 karma points
    Sep 12, 2012 @ 07:32
    Matthew

Upgrade 4.7.2 to 4.9.0 or install Digibiz Advanced Media Picker?

I need to display a page of images, collected from other pages. For instance, each page has a 'Figure 3' image, displayed from a media file fig3.png in a relative media node and I want to display all fig3.png image files together on one page. I was thinking I'd install DAMP to do it but then was reading all the media improvements in Umbraco 4.9 and thought maybe it would just complicate a future upgrade if 4.9 is all about the media.

Any issues with DAMP and upgrading to 4.9+ ?

OTOH, I was thinking about pulling all the images onto the page with Razor and just trying to set the common file name in a content page, since all files have the same name and all files would be included.

Recommendations? Before I jump in over my head again? <g>

• Ben Norman 167 posts 276 karma points
    Oct 12, 2012 @ 22:54
    Ben Norman

I use 4.9 and DAMP. I love it as much as I always have. There are no issues around using the combination of 4.9 and DAMP that I have run into.

I reckon upgrading is a good option regardless, just do a test run on a backup first to iron out any problems. The OTOH option seemed like you would be relying on the filenames to stay the same. I reckon the explicit method using DAMP would be safer in the long term but the OTOH may be quicker.

My recommendation with info I have would be to upgrade and use DAMP

• Matthew 93 posts 153 karma points
    Oct 13, 2012 @ 00:36
    Matthew

Thanks for the reply Ben.  This was a while ago so I ended up figuring out how to do what I needed with Razor but it's good to know DAMP runs in 4.9.  I've started a new site and went with 4.9 for it and other than some funky cursor behavior in the code editor, I'm enjoying it, especially the drag and drop image uploads.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft