Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fredrik Esseen 608 posts 904 karma points
    Aug 11, 2009 @ 08:38
    Fredrik Esseen

Umbraco hosting in Norway

Hi!

I have a norwegian customer who wants to host the installation in Norway. Can any norwegian developer tip me of a host?

• Nikolas van Etten 202 posts 162 karma points
    Aug 11, 2009 @ 11:37
    Nikolas van Etten

I've worked with ISPHuset, AgderNett, SyseData and FastName and all seems to work. Last one only offered an older SQL server as far as I remember. Have very good experience with both ISPHuset and SyseData when it comes to support, but SyseData is more focused on Linux environments.

Aug 12, 2009 @ 15:11
    Fredrik Esseen

Another question while I have a norwegian developer connected :)

I tried to use the norwegian language in backend and even uploaded a nb.xml but it didnt work. Have u solved this? Or anyone else?

Aug 12, 2009 @ 15:50
    Nikolas van Etten

Did you choose "Norwegian, Nynorsk (Norway)" or "Norwegian, Bokmål (Norway)"? The last one would be what your normally would be using and should work fine with nb.xml. The other (which is another Norwegian written language mostly used in the west part of the country) needs nn.xml in order to work. As to my knowledge no translation has been made of this file yet.

Aug 12, 2009 @ 15:55
    Fredrik Esseen

I only have Norwegian as an option when I try to change the language for the user?

Aug 12, 2009 @ 16:25
    Nikolas van Etten

I misunderstood as I thought you were talking about setting the language for the site. All my clients have been happy with English, but will look into it...

Aug 12, 2009 @ 16:32
    Fredrik Esseen

It started working fine now...not really sure why..

• skaue 43 posts 44 karma points
    Aug 13, 2009 @ 15:06
    skaue

Someone needs to fix the Umbraco download on codeplex so it contains both no.xml AND nb.xml in the lang-folder. That's the only way to get the Norwegian translation to work backend... :-(

• Soeren Sprogoe 575 posts 259 karma points
    Jun 07, 2012 @ 16:18
    Soeren Sprogoe

An old thread, but I hope some of you can help:

I have a customer that needs a pretty standard Umbraco site hosted in Norway (a .com domain).

Can anyone come up with any recommendations?

We have tried bying a standard hotel from Active24.no, but their support is soooooo slow that I've more or less given up on them. We ordered the hotel 10 days ago, and after 5 support requests that on average takes more than 24 hours to get an answer to, I've run out of patience.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

/SoerenS

Oct 31, 2012 @ 00:40
    Nikolas van Etten

@SoerenS: Did you find anyone? Did not see your post before now... Based on earlier experience, I would prefer to stay away from Active24, but of course they may have changed over the years.

As of today I run all my sites on VPS from ISPHuset and they work quite well. Support is far beyond average and to top it off (for you at least), the guy in charge is Danish! ;)

• Soeren Sprogoe 575 posts 259 karma points
    Oct 31, 2012 @ 10:03
    Soeren Sprogoe

@Nikolas: Nope, we gave up!

Active24 was a horrible, horrible experience. After spending a full day on trying to get Umbraco to run on one of their hotels, I discovered that their sites run in medium trust. So I gave up.

I had a look at ISPHuset, as they where recommended by several people. But we just needed a standard, simple shared host hotel, so a VPS wasn't a viable option.

As I mentioned, we gave up trying to find a Norwegian shared host able to support Umbraco. We ended up selecting a Danish host that we have experience with, and as it is a .com site, we just changed the country settings in Google Webmaster Tools to Norwegian.

• Jørgen Bakke Eriksen 44 posts 95 karma points
    Jan 23, 2013 @ 00:04
    Jørgen Bakke Eriksen

I'm not sure if one is allowed to advertise for their own companies here. I'll take a chance: we can probably help you guys.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft