Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sherry Ann Hernandez 320 posts 344 karma points
    Sep 15, 2012 @ 14:45
    Sherry Ann Hernandez

Installing a .NET Project as a virtual directory inside a Umbraco Installation

I have an umbraco installation called securedpages.florahospitality.com but I need this custom .NET application to be called using this url securedpages.florahospitality.com/adminhotelier. That is why I'm thinking of installing it as a virtual directory. But now I'm whenever I try to access this url my application is crashing.

Does anyone have an idea how to do it?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Sep 16, 2012 @ 05:32
    Tom Fulton

Hi Sherry,

Normally you'll want to add the URL of the virtual directory to the umbracoReservedPaths in the web.config, so Umbraco does not try to process it.

You also might get some errors in your child application because by default it will inherit some settings from Umbraco's web.config.  To fix those, you need to wrap the system.web and system.webServer elements around a location tag to prevent those settings from pushing to child apps.  See this thread for details.

If you still have trouble, can you post the exact error you're getting?

HTH,
    Tom 

Sep 17, 2012 @ 07:34
    Sherry Ann Hernandez

Hi Tom.

Thanks.

Another thing. We access our umbraco admin using admin.florahospitality.com. So what we do is to use this url to register for our SSL certificate. Anyway we also want to secure our administration site.

Question is how do I set the admin as SSL without affection the other two domains?

Sep 17, 2012 @ 07:36
    Sherry Ann Hernandez

The virtual directory that I mentioned before is working but I'm just wondering why it doesn't load t the default page Login.aspx even if I specify it in the default document?

Sep 17, 2012 @ 07:39
    Sherry Ann Hernandez

The virtual directory that I mentioned before is working but I'm just wondering why it doesn't load t the default page Login.aspx even if I specify it in the default document?

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Sep 17, 2012 @ 17:07
    Tom Fulton

Make sure you're specifying the default document in the child app's web.config and not Umbraco's?  Since you're not inheriting you need to explicitly specify it in the child app.

Regarding the SSL, not too sure about that.  Do your other two domains have SSL also?  You might need to have a separate site just for  the admin.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft