Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sutur 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 17, 2012 @ 17:25
    Sutur

clean 4.9 install: edit in canvas does not work

Hi,

Did a clean 4.9 install on Win Vista / SQLserver Express

After some tweaking, got it working, however, canvas editing does not work. It gives me the page with dotted border but clicking in it does not work. Traced it and it seems the following file is missing:

http://umbraco.local:88/umbraco/LiveEditing/Modules/ItemEditing/ItemEditing.js

Indeed, that file is not there. 

Is the 4.9 zip incomplete?

The same goes for the Media section. The right pane says "You are here:Media", below it, a 'loading' image (rotating circle) keeps rotating. Tracing the page informs me the the following file is missing:

http://umbraco.local:88/base/FolderBrowserService/GetChildren/-1?_=1347893514556

There's in fact no 'base' folder whatsoever.

Please help!

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Sep 17, 2012 @ 21:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Sutur and welcome to our :)

Is there any particular reason that you're interested in the Canvas functionality? I'm thinking if you're having a client that has a specific request about support for this kind of content editing?

Personally I'm not a big fan of this feature and I've never seen such a function work properly in any of the CMS'es I've worked on.

However when that is said...Have you made sure that your website content is wrapped inside a <form runat="server"> tag? This is step 1 in order to have this working.

/Jan

• Sutur 2 posts 22 karma points
    Sep 18, 2012 @ 15:46
    Sutur

Thanks Jan,

I'm not particular interested in the canvas editing, but since it didn't work, and some files are simply not on the system I assumed something was wrong in the install. I now did a new install of 4.8. The files seem to be there, but still canvas is not working. Maybe because of a missing form-tag. 

I'll stick to 4.8 for know since I think 4.9 is buggy and incomplete.

Thanks again!

• Matthias Bier 30 posts 90 karma points
    Sep 26, 2012 @ 11:56
    Matthias Bier

Dear Sutur,

I also had the same problem with 4.9. After noticing the missing .js file I copied the ItemEditing folder from the source files (path: UmbracoCms.Source.4.9.0\umbraco_09f5a69cf19e\src\Umbraco.Web.UI\umbraco\LiveEditing\Modules\ItemEditing) to the web server and now everything works fine.

Matthias

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft