Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jess Bonde 25 posts 55 karma points
    Sep 17, 2012 @ 23:18
    Jess Bonde

Just uploaded Umbraco - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi.

I just uploaded Umbraco v. 4.9 with ftp.
    I gave write permission to the ClientDependency folder but now I get this error:

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       ClientDependency.Core.Module.RogueFileFilter.ValidateCurrentHandler() +31
       ClientDependency.Core.Module.ClientDependencyModule.<ValidateCurrentHandler>b__0(IFilter f) +8
       System.Linq.Enumerable.Any(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) +151
       ClientDependency.Core.Module.ClientDependencyModule.ValidateCurrentHandler(IEnumerable`1 filters) +77
       ClientDependency.Core.Module.ClientDependencyModule.HandleRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) +105
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Sep 17, 2012 @ 23:25
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jess

You should make sure that network service and iusr accounts have the proper permissions from the Umbraco root folder (the folder containing Umbraco) and all the way down.

Also make sure that your application pool is using network service and running asp.net 4.0.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft